Author Topic: The Death of Money - Jim Rickards  (Read 2559 times)

Offline vardaman

• Prepper
  • NABCEP Certified Solar Hot Water Installer
The Death of Money - Jim Rickards
« on: April 21, 2014, 10:32:26 PM »

endurance

Re: The Death of Money - Jim Rickards
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 10:12:39 AM »
Jim Rickards, author of Currency Wars, interview with Jim Puplava.

http://www.financialsense.com/financial-sense-newshour/big-picture/death-money-coming-collapse-monetary-system
Currency Wars was an excellent book describing our financial system, it's weaknesses, and the sandpile effect in high energy systems.  While I don't think any financial adviser is going to have all the right answers in something as radical and a collapse in the monetary system, several are good at helping you understanding the risks as well as how various tools will help make your investments more diversified.  I find that most of the heavy hitters like Rickards and Schiff orient all their strategies for people with seven figures in assets to protect and don't talk about how to manage with more human sums of money.  I personally can't invest in tracts of agricultural land or mineral rights to coal reserves. ::)

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
  • We Are The Knights Who Say.... Nnnutella!
    • Blog:  101 Centavos
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 03:48:29 AM »
I find that most of the heavy hitters like Rickards and Schiff orient all their strategies for people with seven figures in assets to protect and don't talk about how to manage with more human sums of money.  I personally can't invest in tracts of agricultural land or mineral rights to coal reserves. ::)

And Doug Casey is flogging condos on his game preserve in Argentina.  Sounds fab, but not within the means of ordinary people.

Offline Ken325

• Survivalist Mentor
  • "Winter is Coming"
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 07:24:44 PM »
I used to love this podcast but I quit listening when they started charging.  Do you think it is worth the money?  Is it still a high quality show or has it faded out after the change?

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »
I used to love this podcast but I quit listening when they started charging.  Do you think it is worth the money?  Is it still a high quality show or has it faded out after the change?

The weekend shows are still free, I won't pay for the weekday ones.

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 06:56:25 AM »
He was just on Coast To Coast last night: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2014/04/28  I caught about half of it, between dozing off and tornado alerts (we're fine).  What I remember of it is:
- be careful of the stock market and real estate, they're in a bubble right now.  All that money the Fed's printing has to go somewhere, and this is where it went, rather than causing hyperinflation.
- put 10% of your liquid assets into gold, silver, etc.
- he admires bitcoin but considers it too volatile to really be good money.
- and he was politely flogging a book.

I'm sure there was more, but like I said, it was late and I had sleep in mind.  Anyway, it sounds (insofar as I can remember the show) like common, cautious, skeptical-of-QE advice.