Author Topic: Are the Berkey products on Amazon your actual products?  (Read 2916 times)

Offline N00B_SURVIVALIST

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Are the Berkey products on Amazon your actual products?
« on: May 17, 2014, 07:50:56 PM »
While I would only purchase from directive21 to be on the safe side, I do have some concerns about the reviews. I plan to buy your bigger water filter systems eventually and have been looking into the sport Berkey water bottle. I am hesitant about it since the reviews not on your site raise some issues. This is the review for the Sport Berkey Water Bottle on Amazon which was rated as the most helpful:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R25TJBF0VXWZDV/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0026OKYPE&nodeID=3375251&store=sporting-goods#wasThisHelpful

It is not a pleasant review. The comments on this review also introduce a link to a survey that is supposedly from students at the University of Texas at Austin who are trying to improve the product. I was wondering if the problems in the review have been addressed or if they are accurate? I am skeptical of the Amazon review since your products are so highly praised.

Offline MississippiJarhead

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I never learned from a man who agreed with me.-RAH
Re: Are the Berkey products on Amazon your actual products?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 08:21:52 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Berkey Water Purification Systems
Re: Are the Berkey products on Amazon your actual products?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 06:57:53 AM »
While I would only purchase from directive21 to be on the safe side, I do have some concerns about the reviews. I plan to buy your bigger water filter systems eventually and have been looking into the sport Berkey water bottle. I am hesitant about it since the reviews not on your site raise some issues. This is the review for the Sport Berkey Water Bottle on Amazon which was rated as the most helpful:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R25TJBF0VXWZDV/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0026OKYPE&nodeID=3375251&store=sporting-goods#wasThisHelpful

It is not a pleasant review. The comments on this review also introduce a link to a survey that is supposedly from students at the University of Texas at Austin who are trying to improve the product. I was wondering if the problems in the review have been addressed or if they are accurate? I am skeptical of the Amazon review since your products are so highly praised.

Thanks for sending us this link, some amazon reviews are not reliable, as amazon does not provide good customer service.
When buying from someone using prime, amazon really provides very little customer service.  Upon reading these reviews, there are positive reviews where people do not have the 2 problems I saw.  The first one is the straw not working correctly, we hear of this rarely, but when it does happen, the straw is kinked and need to be pulled on and squeezed where it comes out of the bottle.  The 2nd problem is a leaking bottle, while this does happen from time to time, we hear of this problem also rarely, and ask people to make sure to have the bottle upright at all times if it is happening.

All in all, when people call us and have these problems, we resolve them quickly.

theberkeyguy