Author Topic: Dedicated Trauma Bag  (Read 1645 times)

Offline doom_trooper83

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Dedicated Trauma Bag
« on: March 12, 2014, 03:33:36 PM »
Going to pick the brains of our extensive medical community now, I want to set up my old Paladin Go bag as a dedicated trauma backpack question I have is what sort of supplies should I pack in their? Where would be the best place to get lots of bandages,gauze pads and the like? And how much should I get? Should I put some more specialized equipment in their or just stick with what I have been trained on?

Offline doublehelix

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Dedicated Trauma Bag
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 10:18:47 AM »
"What should I put in it" is an age old question.. as in the answer.

"It Depends"

What equipment/techniques are within your scope of practice, or one level above?

What is your training level? Basic First Aid, EMT-A EMT-B EMT-P, Military Corpsman, LVN, RN, RNP, PA, MD ?

What types of medical threats do you anticipate? MVA trauma, "Farm" trauma, gun shot wounds ?

What gear do you use in your training/certification?  That's the baseline IMPO.

I typically carry BLS-Level equipment that's carried on an ambulance minus Oxygen, spine boards, etc.

Lots of sources out there including Ebay, Veternarian supply houses (typically cheaper and my go-to), and places like BoundTree Medical and others.

Offline IndianaPrepper

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Dedicated Trauma Bag
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 08:14:06 AM »
A first aid / trauma bag was my goal this year and it/they have a big ole done stamp on them.  I was inspired when a college friend of mine was hit with a ricochet round and had to be air lifted to a trauma center.  He would have died on scene due to blood loss but lucky for him a trauma kit (blow out) was in a guys shooting bag.

I started off like anyone else and turned to youtube.  This guys has the best bag i have seen.  I got a lot of usefull information and worked with that knowledge to put together my own kit. This guy is amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaLfG0PfKPQ&list=PLR93uWJSvydfHLqMtdP1JujhH3u3Devjk

In total I have put together 4 kits. 
1. Main house kit (most expensive and the most stuff in it.
2. ATV- for my quad in a water-proof case.  always with me around the farm as I often cut fire wood, visit neighbors, invistigate strange noises around the farm...
3. One for both vehicles - located by the spare tire so my wife doesnt take the damn thing out to "make room"
4. Work bag - I always have with me when I travel.

I will post some pix if you'd like - good luck
Build your own and never buy a discount store kit...