Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Edged Weapons and Tools

Rat 2

<< < (2/2)

Badhog:
I like the Rat-2. I think the Rat-1 is a much better value at the same price, but it's nice.

Polar Bear:
Definitely go with the one you like best.   :D

Lamewolf:
I have the RAT 2 and like it real well, but if you want something tough for a kit, go for the Cold Steel folding Bushman - I would not be afraid to abuse it a little !

Carl:

--- Quote from: Lamewolf on June 21, 2017, 12:02:02 PM ---I have the RAT 2 and like it real well, but if you want something tough for a kit, go for the Cold Steel folding Bushman - I would not be afraid to abuse it a little !

--- End quote ---

I have two of the folding bushman knives and they are tough...though the smooth stainless steel handle is narrow and limits grip for some head on moves though adequate for slashing and general cutting .

WKDTOM:
Any reason you aren't considering a fixed blade?  I made the switch a while ago and now carry a RAT3 fixed for my EDC.  I've split cord wood with it in a pinch and used it for all manner of tools from cutting food to digging and screwdriver duty.  I'm very hard on my kit and Ontario's stuff has always been rugged beyond expectation.  Fixed blade knives are also a nice side step to knife laws in some places, when I travel to MA and NY I carry mine without worry since their knife laws are all based around folders/assisted opening.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version