Author Topic: Mood/attitude enhancer?  (Read 14634 times)

Offline rogersorders

• Survivor
Re: Mood/attitude enhancer?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2015, 11:08:00 AM »
I'll second 5-HTP. I got some from Dr.'s Nutrition and have noticed a huge difference, I'm much nicer to be around and don't snap as often. I'd also recommend doing their labs, you might have other imbalances that are contributing to your mood.

Offline slingblade

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I aim to kill you with it.
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2015, 01:16:36 PM »
+1 for Doctor's Nutrition.  It changed (and probably saved) my life.

Offline ResidentCelt

• Senior Survivalist
  • Doing my best on 1/3 acre
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2015, 02:20:46 PM »
Didn't read the previous posts so this may have been mentioned, but Wild Orange essential oil is helpful. I've used it, although more for winter blues/cabin fever than anything close to PTSD.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2015, 02:31:22 PM »
Didn't read the previous posts so this may have been mentioned, but Wild Orange essential oil is helpful. I've used it, although more for winter blues/cabin fever than anything close to PTSD.

I thought that was used for killing ants?

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2015, 08:46:11 PM »
I thought that was used for killing ants?

It's also a floor polish and a dessert topping.

Offline Caveat

• Prepper
  • Might as well smile.
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2015, 10:25:21 PM »
"... how the foods we eat influence our moods—and how common issues such as anxiety, depression and irritability might be tied to nutrition."
http://www.motherearthliving.com/food-and-recipes/food-for-health/eat-your-way-to-happiness-zmoz15jfzhou.aspx?PageId=1
Just happened to get this article today in an email newsletter from Mother Earth Living. I have read it and will reread it to see what I can try. It talks about foods and supplements with recommended doses.

Offline RuggedCyclist

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Capitalist hippie
    • Boulder Stonecraft
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2015, 02:44:27 AM »
Coconut oil, coconut oil, and coconut oil. And fish oil. And red palm oil. And walnut oil here and there because yum.
No oilseed oils.
Fats are freaking good for you and I'm always in an amazing mood when I eat plenty of healthy fats. Same with cutting out inflammatory foods. At least for me, the difference is amazing. I've gone through years of severe depression, self harm, and being fairly suicidal, and going to the paleo diet completely changed that.

Having a sense of purpose in life is incredibly important as well. And for me, simply being free and having autonomy as a human and lots of alone time. Communal living slowly shreds my soul away.

Also, here's a thought I've been having lately, if you're into like astrology stuff. If everybody is one of the four elements (earth water fire air) being in a place/living a lifestyle that goes with your element is important. Example, I'm water. I am absolutely miserable living in a climate where cactuses live. Hearing rain, smelling water, and being around plants will all create like an instant peace and happiness in me. I kind of wonder if that works for everybody and that's just another of the many factors contributing to the suck trap of modern life.

My recipe for happiness: sit outside with a cup of herbal tea like peppermint or Sleepytime among plants and nature and life, with some music like Blackmill or Odesza.
And seriously look into the paleo diet, adjusting it to what makes you feel best and making sure you get lots of fat. Maybe some dandelion root decoction to help your body use the fat. Om nom nom.

Good food=good mood.

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2015, 06:26:00 PM »
It's also a floor polish and a dessert topping.

Ah, memories.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2015, 03:06:19 AM »
Get a PUPPY.

Offline slingblade

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I aim to kill you with it.
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2015, 07:21:46 AM »
Excellent suggestion!

Offline TexasGirl

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Simple country farm girl. Prepper? What's that?
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2015, 08:36:24 AM »
Jim,

If you are still having issues, you might want to research lithium orotate.  I believe it's considered a supplement, and has helped some vets I know.

http://www.thelithiumdoctor.com/

~TG

Offline chrisdfw

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2015, 12:42:27 AM »
whiskey

I wish I has something more profound, but I have already consumed at least a 1/2 a 5th of whiskey

I am really happy... unless there are naked women willing to visit... whiskey makes me about as happy as can be.

I suppose I underplayed the company of women. (or whichever sex/gender you prefer). It helps a great deal with mood and disposition.

I know exercise is not always a panacea, recreational activities do a long way. A sport, a game, rather than just moving weights for its own sake.

Offline Lostjagged

• Survivor
  • The Biker Prepper
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2015, 11:42:24 PM »
f###ing popups... Anyway. I think chris is heading in the right direction but has not noticed the point of it. Someone to talk to. Weather it's someone to talk to or talk at, letting it out can help. There is tell and don't tell, but let the greys be a tell. This is coming from a sounding board.