Author Topic: Coe's Comfrey - order warning  (Read 20207 times)

Offline TexasGirl

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Simple country farm girl. Prepper? What's that?
Re: Coe's Comfrey - order warning
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2015, 11:55:15 PM »
I bought from Coe's last season and he included a few DVD's.  None of them were "Extremist" or "Nazi" in nature.  There wasn't a newsletter in the package.

There were however extra packages of root stock along with a nice note stating he included extra for free.  Based upon my personal experience, I'll gladly reorder from him.

~TG

Offline mxitman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Entrepreneur/HVAC Mechanic/Electrician
    • Heezy
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 05:44:42 AM »
I just saw this and I ordered some cuttings last year, he did include extra's in the box...a set of dvd's and the same newspaper as mentioned, it sickened me to be honest. I personally wouldn't order again. It's his agenda but I don't need to support it.

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2015, 03:29:22 PM »
I have ordered several times, he has included consipircy stuff (911 is an inside job) but nothing white separatist.  Can someone send me a scan of exactly what was sent, if I am going to write this guy off I need to be sure. 

Offline R_Morgan

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Combat Veteran
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2015, 04:41:13 PM »
Once I get up and running ill sell anyone comfrey, guaranteed nazi free!  What a tagline!

Offline Svdividedsky

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2015, 04:59:17 PM »
I don't think it was packing or a mistake. That's the first thing I thought because really who would send this out as part of their business plan. I am white but he had know way of knowing that. I could have been a black Jew for all he knew. It wasn't just a few pages stuffed in the bag. It was the whole paper neatly folded.

Offline mxitman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Entrepreneur/HVAC Mechanic/Electrician
    • Heezy
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2015, 09:56:38 AM »
Yea, I looked the paper over to see if it was something maybe he made, but was printed in another state and you could buy extra copies to give out and such. I wish I would have kept it, but found it more suited as a fire starter.

Offline R_Morgan

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Combat Veteran
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2015, 06:01:10 PM »
Jack. Did you get any word on this from coe or others?

Offline whiterussiansp

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2015, 08:53:10 AM »
I just got my order from Coe a few days ago (within a week of when he told me to expect it).

Included in the order were these DVDs:

Genetic Roulette: The Gamble of our Lives
Seeds of Freedom: Health Risks and Politics of GMO
What and Why are Spraying (chemtrails)
A Forest Garden Year
Organic Gardening Made Easy
TSP episode 1185 (15 perennials)
"Permaculture Videos" (17 items)

Papers included:

Thank you form
FDA comic
Fair Use law (for the DVDs)
Comfrey Brochure
Order form
Comfrey tips

The order also included 10 bonus cuttings.

Honestly, it was one of the most disorganized packages I've ever gotten from a business, but Coe seems pretty old-school, non-tech (he has a guy that does his emails for him)...he's obviously gone through a lot of manual labor to put all this together when it could have been done 10 other much easier and cheaper ways.  I tossed the whole package because the info was on his site and I've either seen or don't care to see all of the videos.  Nothing seemed racist to me, but one of the papers mentioned getting different DVDs on my next order from his library of 500, so maybe I just lucked out.

Before ordering, I called Coe and he spent 10-15 minutes discussing the selection and planting etc.  I requested a ship date of May 1 (a few months later).  My order shipped sometime between May 1 and May 7 and I got another 3 min voicemail from Coe letting me know to expect it.

Overall I felt like I got more than I paid for and the service was great. Is Coe a little odd? Probably.  But I don't think he's pushing a Nazi agenda or anything. He should probably use a little more discernment with the free stuff he includes, but that's about all I'd say he's guilty of.  Maybe he got a slap on the wrist already for the Nazi stuff and isn't including it anymore, good enough for me since what he believes or subscribes to really isn't that big a deal either way.

I'm guessing his business has really grown since Jack suggested him on-air and hopefully he's through most of the pain of that process by now. He's a good source for Comfrey and appears to be an accessible expert on it...I'd wait for more info on this before cutting him off, if at all.

Offline scoob

• Senior Survivalist
  • Chicken-farming knuckle-dragger
    • Marksmanship, History, Civic Engagement
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2015, 12:30:49 PM »
Just got my order too.  Pretty much the same as the White Russian above, including the literature, dvds, and extra cuttings.  No issues with customer service.  I didn't make, request, nor receive a single phone call.  I just placed the order, and a month later got a shipping notification email and everything just showed up. 

I'm happy.
See?  This is my happy face  :-|

Seriously, I'd order from Coe's again.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2015, 03:44:14 PM »
Thanks for the reports.

Offline artephius

• Survivor
  • Recovering forum lurker..
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2015, 07:54:45 AM »
I just had to chime in on this one and add my report. I ordered some 1 or two year plants from coe last year and he called me the next day to tell me the ground was still frozen and it might be a few weeks before he could dig them up.

He also was short on what I ordered and offered to send a bunch of crowns and cuttings instead -- which I was fine with. He also asked if I was interested in any particular subjects as he likes to send dvds out with orders. So I told him I was into permaculture and ended up chatting with him for 20 minutes or so about random things - he seems like a great guy.

It did take a while to arrive, but when I got my order I was pleasantly surprised to find he sent me nearly twice as many cuttings as he said he would and a bunch of permaculture/organic gardening related dvds! He sent me so many cuttings I didn't even know what to do with them all and ended up letting some die!

I never got the slightest impression there was anything racist about him, maybe a little bit of a tin foil hat but hey I have a small one too sometimes :)
All in all I'd definitely reccommend him as long as you don't want your comfrey tomorrow...

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2017, 08:56:35 AM »
Ok, here is 2 years later. No other reports of  inappropriate written  material.

Looking this over, the main complaint was from a new user, that did not continue here, that just joined here to complain about COe's Comfrey. Although, 1 other user seems to have also said there was an alarming newsletter ?

My guess is that during the time is was overwhelmed he had some hired help that slipped in this material with the usual conspiracy and permaculture stuff.

I did order from him again a few months ago, great cuttings, rooted well, great packaging and customer service. DVD add ons were mostly gardening with 1 or 2 conspiracy, there was a 9-11 dvd. 

I realy think this is a good vendor that can be used with confidence by any of us