Author Topic: Just a short vid of my reloading setup for 45acp  (Read 4208 times)

Offline GotCox

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Just a short vid of my reloading setup for 45acp
« on: September 06, 2014, 10:30:50 PM »
Thought maybe you guys would enjoy seeing my setup and maybe start a little reloading show and tell with everyone. It is not a how-to, nor do i think i have the best setup or best method for reloading. It is just what i have found to work for me. Hope you enjoy and i would enjoy seeing video's of your guys setups and methods also.
http://youtu.be/xnRuwCQs1IA

Offline Fyrediver

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Just a short vid of my reloading setup for 45acp
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 11:22:22 PM »
Nice.  Thanks for sharing!  It's one thing I haven't done yet but am hoping to get started this fall.

Offline GotCox

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 11:57:03 PM »
Nice.  Thanks for sharing!  It's one thing I haven't done yet but am hoping to get started this fall.
No problem. I really enjoy it as a hobby and a way to learn more about cartridges. Normally when i am out reloading i have some music blasting or the podcast going. I bought the Hornady Classic kit from midway and it comes with everything you need minus the cartridge specific dies. It is a little more spendy than other options, but i would make the same choice again now having used it.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/749997/hornady-lock-n-load-classic-single-stage-press-kit?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Offline DrJohn

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 06:33:23 AM »
I have been looking for power pistol for a year! Thanks for sharing.

Offline GotCox

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 11:11:07 PM »
I have been looking for power pistol for a year! Thanks for sharing.

This is the first time i have used the Power Pistol for the 45acp and am very happy with it. The last powder i used was very dirty and i just didn't like it. I got lucky and my powder guy had a pound when i went to get some pistol powder. I wish it was more available because after using it for a couple hundred rounds i would like to buy 8lbs of it.

Offline NWPilgrim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 12:17:50 AM »
,45 ACP is a great cartridge to load, it does well with a lot of powders: Bullseye, HP38/W231, Unique, Universal, Power Pistol, AA5 among others.  Hornady makes good stuff.

Offline hackmeister

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Beer, linux and prepping!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 06:09:37 AM »
Pistol powder has been somewhat scare the last few months in eastern PA. I just got a batch of Hodgdon CFE pistol powder for the first time. Cranking out some 9mm and .45 ACP soon. I'll let you know how it shoots. Just looking at the powder it seems much more fine than the IMR 4756 I used last.

Offline ericksonrs

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 04:54:57 PM »
Thanks for the video and press recommendation!  Definitely something I'd like to get started with.

Offline armymars

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 06:27:56 PM »
  I've found Green Dot and Tite Group to be clean. 

Offline GotCox

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 11:27:03 PM »
Thanks for the video and press recommendation!  Definitely something I'd like to get started with.

No problem. Glad you enjoyed. There are lots of different presses to go with and i looked at a lot of them before i bought. I suggest everyone do the same. Because buying the equipment is the biggest one time cost your gonna run into.

I've found Green Dot and Tite Group to be clean. 
Glad to know. If i can't get more power pistol maybe i will try one of those.

Pistol powder has been somewhat scare the last few months in eastern PA. I just got a batch of Hodgdon CFE pistol powder for the first time. Cranking out some 9mm and .45 ACP soon. I'll let you know how it shoots. Just looking at the powder it seems much more fine than the IMR 4756 I used last.
  I am hoping one day i will have a chronograph so i can compare the velocities of different powders and charges. For now sharing our experiences and opinions is the next best thing so let us know how the CFE works out.

Offline Duc1

• Survivor
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 03:20:22 PM »
Cool.  Reloading can be addictive.  thanks for sharing.

Offline armymars

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 05:51:27 PM »
  CAN BE ADDICTIVE????????????????????????????????