Author Topic: What legislation would you like to see repealed?  (Read 2888 times)

Offline Polar Bear

• Dedicated Contributor
What legislation would you like to see repealed?
« on: January 11, 2015, 07:45:07 PM »
With all the pro gun politicians in the house and senate, how about repealing some anti-gun regulations?

Here's a list of ideas:

National Constitutional carry (if not then National reciprocity for concealed carry using the Florida model)
Allow the shipping of firearms through the USPS
Allow for the reimporting of all US Surplus firearms
Allow the CMP to sell military surplus handguns.
Allow the military to sell surplus M-16s to those who pay the tax stamp
Allow the military to modify 50% of the surplus M-16s to semi-auto only and sell them through distributors or those with C&R licenses (for firearms of the right age, of course)
Move suppressors to the AOW list
Install and enforce high/strong penalties for airports, bus stations, or cities that disregard the federal firearm transportation law.
Install lock boxes in all federal buildings so anyone carrying can secure their firearm before going through security.  (No charge for the use, of course)
Ban the idea of microstamping
All existing gun ranges are exempt from any noise ordinances and so called lead/heavy metal pollution.
Doubling the amount of gun ranges in five years.  Tripling it in ten.

endurance

Re: What legislation would you like to see repealed?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 08:01:14 PM »
Eliminate the date cut off for full auto sales that started in 1986.  Allow the sale of new and modern full auto weapons to those who are willing to go through the cavity search.

Offline ResidentCelt

• Senior Survivalist
  • Doing my best on 1/3 acre
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 05:37:56 AM »
Install lock boxes in all federal buildings so anyone carrying can secure their firearm before going through security.  (No charge for the use, of course)

THIS ONE.  :excited:  This is a major freaking problem for anyone who finds themselves required to visit such places. I have seen a courthouse that had "no guns or cell phones" signs posted by the metal detectors just beyond some complimentary PO Box-style lock boxes in the little foyer area. They were hinting without saying. I guess the county was suggesting that the foyer was not technically part of the courthouse? Not sure about that one.

Also, super annoyed with all federal buildings that post the parking lots. obviously the buildings are off-limits, but the parking lots are only off limits if it's "restricted access" (a security guard at the entrance) and it's posted.  :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

All existing gun ranges are exempt from any noise ordinances and so called lead/heavy metal pollution.

I don't know about pollution laws, but I do know that lead poisoning is a problem for range employees who have to spend a lot of time cleaning out the traps without the proper equipment. There's gotta be some hazardous substance laws that require employers to provide proper safety equipment or something. Would like to see that enforced.

Offline BLACK SHIRT

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 07:31:12 AM »
THIS ONE.  :excited:  This is a major freaking problem for anyone who finds themselves required to visit such places. I have seen a courthouse that had "no guns or cell phones" signs posted by the metal detectors just beyond some complimentary PO Box-style lock boxes in the little foyer area. They were hinting without saying. I guess the county was suggesting that the foyer was not technically part of the courthouse? Not sure about that one.

Also, super annoyed with all federal buildings that post the parking lots. obviously the buildings are off-limits, but the parking lots are only off limits if it's "restricted access" (a security guard at the entrance) and it's posted.  :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

I don't know about pollution laws, but I do know that lead poisoning is a problem for range employees who have to spend a lot of time cleaning out the traps without the proper equipment. There's gotta be some hazardous substance laws that require employers to provide proper safety equipment or something. Would like to see that enforced.
In my opinion if you are cleaning out lead traps you should have the common sense to request and wear the protection. More laws is not what we need. Over regulation is the problem.

Offline ResidentCelt

• Senior Survivalist
  • Doing my best on 1/3 acre
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 07:55:16 AM »
In my opinion if you are cleaning out lead traps you should have the common sense to request and wear the protection. More laws is not what we need. Over regulation is the problem.

Which is why I said that there already is a law somewhere. We don't need another, just enforce the one that's there.

Offline TiredOldGrunt

• Senior Survivalist
  • Tabbed: "Regular Guy"
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 05:36:35 PM »
We, the people... would probably be better off after 95% of the laws were repealed!

Common sense laws are needed for a ordered society, its what makes us civilized (truncated passage, but you get the drift... lets not dissect it too much for the sake of making an argument).

At any rate the books are full of thousands and thousands of laws that simply make everyone a law breaker at some point, which is living under a police state.  The more restrictions you em place, the less freedom a "citizen" has...  the path to making subjects out of citizens.

TOG

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 10:10:17 PM »
The NFA 0f 34. It didn't stop the gangster from getting the firearms they wanted. All it did was penalize the normal citizen.

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 06:10:14 AM »
I'd eliminate all federal laws regarding firearms and move enforcement from the ATF to local sheriffs. Your sheriff might be a dick (like mine) but at least he/she has some accountability to the community not the king.