Author Topic: Democrats submit national gun magazine capacity limit & ban legislation  (Read 2512 times)

Bonnieblue2A

The Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act submitted by Rep. Elizabeth Esty (D-CT), and co-sponsored by at least 100 US House Democrats, would ban the import, manufacture, transfer, and future possession of all firearm magazines larger than 10 rounds in capacity.  A companion bill has been introduced in the US Senate by Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ).

http://ctmirror.org/2015/02/05/newtown-activist-help-introduce-ammo-bill/

See link to legislation imbedded in the link below:

http://www.guns.com/2015/02/06/congressional-democrats-introduce-ban-on-magazines-over-10-rounds-in-capacity-video/

Plenty of the predictable anti-gun platitudes as the argument.  They compare the ban limiting magazine capacity to national airbag and seatbelt requirements.   

ENOUGH!  :stop: :stop: :stop:   ENOUGH!

How much individual liberty is lost under the guise of safety?

Offline Roknrandy

• He That Rocks:Viewer Discretion is Advised
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Master Spammer Obliterator
Re: Democrats submit national gun magazine capacity limit & ban legislation
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 02:29:37 PM »
They do this every year, its sad.

Offline JerseyVince

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 02:36:21 PM »
Menendez is throwing a flash bang diversion grenade to take the attention off him being caught taking money for a building permit of a white elephant Shopping Mall next to Giants Stadium this week. He figures the spotlight will follow the Magazine bill and not him. Whole scheme probably cooked up in the WH. Every year with this "Just one more gun Bill and we'll stop garbage because we really don't want to take away your guns"

Bonnieblue2A

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 02:41:03 PM »
Menendez is throwing a flash bang diversion grenade to take the attention off him being caught taking money for a building permit of a white elephant Shopping Mall next to Giants Stadium this week. He figures the spotlight will follow the Magazine bill and not him. Whole scheme probably cooked up in the WH. Every year with this "Just one more gun Bill and we'll stop garbage because we really don't want to take away your guns"

Do you have a link to that bribery story?

Bribes and a proclivity to use minor female girls for his sexual pleasure offshore in the Carribean.  Next we'll read about Menendez gun running for the Obama-Holder BATFE. ::)

Offline JerseyVince

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 03:03:13 PM »
It was in the NJ Star Ledger Tues and wed NJ.com probably still has it listed just search Menendez . I would just keep my security settings high when on that site lots of popups

Offline Gulo gulo

• Senior Survivalist
  • Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 10:52:36 PM »
Whelp, hope you got your p mags already, wonder how fast any panic caused by this will subside. Glad I shoot an sks.

Offline Mortblanc

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 03:23:27 PM »
One nice thing about having the Republicans in the majority now is the fact that these bills will never make it out of committee and onto the floor for a vote in either the House or Senate.

These bills are being presented for show and dazzle back home in the commie districts and the reps know they will never reach a vote.

We still need to be alert and keep in touch with our reps just to remind them we are watching. 

I drop my rep a 'thank you note" every now and then, since he is a class three license holder and I have no fear of him allowing anything to slip past him.

Offline Gulo gulo

• Senior Survivalist
  • Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 04:02:29 PM »
I wouldn't be so sure. They might screw us and then dazzle with something else, like talk of repealing obamacare or war with Russia or something. "You can't be mad at a ten round limit, it's not gun registration after all..." might be the excuse.