Author Topic: DR Power Equipment  (Read 3811 times)

Offline F4PhantomGIB

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
DR Power Equipment
« on: January 27, 2015, 07:52:25 AM »
Hello Everyone
Does anyone have any experience with DR Power Equipment?  They advertise a lot and seem to have some reasonably designed equipment at a somewhat elevated price point.

Anyone have an opinion?

Many thanks

jeff

Bonnieblue2A

Re: DR Power Equipment
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 08:04:14 AM »
Probably not designed for heavy work.  Their advertising is aimed toward the hobbiest.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 09:01:19 AM »
DR Power Equipment is a popular brand in my area with a good following as middle tier products with good quality and selection of power plant and they tend to be better than the average with good construction and ball bearings in most wheels for durability.

nkawtg

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 09:34:37 AM »
DR is a pretty good brand and like everyone says, it's geared towards home owners not professionals.
Quality is usually very good.

Welcome aboard F4PhantomGIB, I see you're new here so how about introducing yourself.
Were you a real WSO on the F4?

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=89.msg618760#new

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 09:58:51 AM »
You looking for a brush cutter?

Offline JerryS

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 09:38:34 PM »
I have one of the 18.5 HP brush mowers.

I bought it about 2.5 yrs ago.  Good mower, no major problems with it.  It will cut through anything reasonable you throw at it.  Will even chew through some unreasonable things.  We use it to keep about 4 acres mowed down.

The gear shift can be tricky to see what gear your in.  Actually made my wife think she broke it because it wouldn't start.  Turned out she was in 1st gear not neutral.

It can lose traction on muddy slopes so if you have a lot of hills, etc that could be an issue.  Chains might help there but I haven't needed to do that myself.

The only 2 issues I've ever had with it were:

1)  The main drive chain popped off and the master link disappeared.  I bought some replacement master links and a new chain.  Put the original chain back on with a new link.  Never happened again.

2)  I also own the chipper attachment that goes with it.  When I was transporting the chipper the vibration of the trailer was enough to knock loose the machine key off the main pulley.  Again replaced the machine key and it has never happened again.

I consider it money well spent and don't regret getting it at all.