Author Topic: I finally got some bulk .308!  (Read 1959 times)

Offline spooky-1

• Survivalist Mentor
I finally got some bulk .308!
« on: April 29, 2009, 11:39:21 AM »
well I was TDY (temporary duty) last week in Patuxet River, MD and went to some place called the Tackle Box bait shop, it advertised; "Fishing gear, guns & ammo" outside the marquee. I went in and the place was loaded with .308 win, 9mm, .45, .223.

As I got closer I noticed it was ALL from India, China, or Vietnam! I've heard bad stuff about this kind of ammo. A local decided to help me out (it was either the frustration on my face of the fact that I was wearing a flight suit) he told me to go to ammoman.com where the shipping is free and they have all kinds of ammo. I did and I think I bought the last of the .308 (500 rds). I called the guy on the website and he told me he would have more in 2 weeks.

I am sure most of you knew of this website already, but if you didn't (like me), it is worth a look.

Offline chris

• Survival Demonstrator
Re: I finally got some bulk .308!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 11:54:23 AM »
I have some Indian that is decent, you can hit a man sized target at 200 yds and it will go boom, without killing you or damaging the rifle. If you can get it cheap enough, and do your own exhaustive QC, it's not bad. Out of 2,000 rounds I tossed about 150. How those 150 left the factory defies imagination.

I'd buy more if it was cheap, and I had the time to weigh and check each round. Otherwise you'd be likely to run into a bad round when you least expect it.

Offline Uncle Bob (he ain’t right)

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: I finally got some bulk .308!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 12:26:32 PM »
I have been dealing with them for a while now. Pretty good people to deal with.