Author Topic: Episode-1115- Listener Calls for 4-19-13  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Hootie

• Written Word Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Just another day gardening in the heat of texas
    • Frozen Gardener
Episode-1115- Listener Calls for 4-19-13
« on: January 12, 2015, 12:56:36 PM »
The Survival Podcast http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com
SERIES:     TSP
EPISODE:  1115
DATE:         [/color]April 19, 2013[/url]
TITLE:         [/color]Episode-1115- Listener Calls for 4-19-13

SOURCE FILE:
[/color]http://www.survivalpodcast.net/audio/2013/4-13/epi-01115-calls-4-19-13.mp3[/size]
FILE ARCHIVE:  http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/calls-4-19-13
DESCRIPTION:
[/color]Today on The Survival Podcast I take your calls on bitcoins, back up power, saunas, permaculture, HHO, the dark side of government and more.
[/color]Remember to be on a show like this one just pick up your phone and call [/color]866-65-THINK[/color]. The best way to improve your chances of being on the air is ask your question or make your point up front, then provide details.
[/color]Also please do your best to call from a quite area with a good connection and speak up so you can be well heard. I can’t put all calls on the air but I do my best to get most of them on.
[/color]Join Me Today As I Respond to Your Calls and Discuss…[/color]Okay, Okay, Okay I will talk about bitcoins!  LOL[/color]Steven Harris weighs in on back up power systems[/color]Dealing with cedars and removing and replacing them[/color]Why I wouldn’t try building a sauna with a rocket mass heater[/color]Thoughts on contour based beds and using borders vs. non bordered beds[/color]Thoughts on HHO concepts to improve gas mileage[/color]Has the US ever engaged in an actual “false flag” attack[/color]Are guinea pigs a legitimate protein source[/color]What to do about chickens that eat eggs[/color]Dealing with a cover crop that doesn’t winter or summer kill as planned[/color]Thoughts about removing large amounts of cash from the banking system[/color]Resources for today’s show…[/color]Members Support Brigade[/color]Join Our Forum[/color]Members Support Brigade[/color]13Skills.com[/color]Join Our Forum[/color]Walking To Freedom[/color]TSP Mint[/color]TSP Gear[/color]Survival Gear Bags – (sponsor of the day)[/color]Safe Castle Royal – (sponsor of the day)[/color]WikiLinks on False Flag Attacks[/color]Videos of Beds Built with Borders in Arkansas using Terracing and Wood Cores[/color]Videos of Beds Built without Borders on Contour[/color]Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our [/color]listener appreciation contest[/url][/color]and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to [/color]866-65-THINK [/color]and you might hear yourself on the air.

INTRO & CLOSING SONG:
“Revolution is You” by Gregg Yows
TRANSCRIPTION PROVIDED BY:Hootie

Offline Hootie

• Written Word Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Just another day gardening in the heat of texas
    • Frozen Gardener
Re: Episode-1115- Listener Calls for 4-19-13
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 12:57:20 PM »
[00:19:01]

Jack Spirko: Alright, lets take another one.

Patrick: Hey Jack, this is Patrick in Kentucky with a question for Steven Harris regarding the mobile battery backup system that you all talked about at the end of last year. I have a computer built that I am looking to add an additional battery bank to. The question that I have is how do you keep the truck batteries from recharging  the additional battery bank batteries through the charge controller. I understand that there is a charge controller between the alternator and the additional battery bank. My question is once the extra battery bank gets depleted will the vehicle batteries not charge those batteries through the charge controller. If I am mistaken on that, which I hope I am, let me know. I appreciate it. Bye.

[00:19:58]

Jack Spirko: Alright, we will let Steve Harris answer that one. Steve what do you have to say about that.

[00:20:03]

Steven Harris:  Patrick from Kentucky, thank you very much for calling in. This is Steve Harris from the expert panel to answer your question. The answer is a simple one. You say you got three batteries in your truck. Two in a battery bank in the back and one big battery in the front of the truck. You have the battery charger isolator that I put up in there, which is really a solar panel charger. It is a intelligent three stage computer controlled charger. It takes voltage from the alternator and it intelligently charges the batteries in the back in three different stages, the way they should be and it maintains them. You discharge the batteries in the back of your semi-truck having a wild party all night. The reason that front battery will not get drained is because that charge controller is in there. The front battery doesn't have enough voltage to activate the charge controller to charge the batteries in the bank. This is not like water flowing down hill. A battery is a electrical chemical cell and it doesn't work like that. If you put in a direct hard wire going between the two it would work like that, but we spent about $80 on a 30 Amp solar charge controller to put some intelligence in there. So we could depend upon the system and rely upon on it, and it would absolutely positively work for you all the time. No matter you charged the batteries at the bank in the back you would still be able to start the truck go down the road and it would charge the batteries in the back for you automatically. I like  automatic systems that you can depend on. Especially ones that are keep it simple. Everyone, I want to thank all of you for your prayers and your comments on the the family medical stuff that we had going on. We have come out of it to be really stellar. Then I got bronchitis which you can still hear in my voice. I have just edited out the coughs. I did do something for you while all of this was going on. I know you have missed me being on the survival podcast. I am coming back up in the future with a great show for you. I also have the survival expo I am going to be at with Jack. That is taking my time. I have free first aid class for you. It is me talking to you for about an 1.5 hour about Steven Harris first aid, not Red Cross first aid, and not  Ready.gov first aid. This is from the unique perspective of Steve Harris off the wall about stuff you need in a preparedness situation. Not when you cut yourself and need to put a band aid on it, I don't cover that. Actually I do, I should say it is rather unique and it works pretty good. That is at FirstAid1234.com. Thank you everyone again for your words of encouragement and support. I hope to see you at the self reliance expo. Look forward to a great show coming from Jack and myself on the podcast in the future. Thanks guys you are always wonderful.

[00:23:08]

Jack Spirko: Good stuff as always. I just want to throw in Steve Harris will be with me not this weekend but next weekend at the self reliance expo, in Arlington Texas. I will be there on Friday with an early meet and greet for you guys and again on Saturday will the same. Steve will be at both of those. Steve I believe is speaking on Saturday. I am also speaking on Saturday. That will be when we are speaking but we will be there both days. With that lets take another call.

[00:23:33]