Author Topic: Single moms  (Read 3504 times)

Offline jasminegypsy

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Single moms
« on: January 27, 2015, 08:46:36 PM »
This is the first time I've posted on the forum. I'm a single mom and was wondering if there are any other single mom preppers out there. I was hoping that maybe we could come together, share ideas and provide support.

I sometimes find it very challenging as a single mom to accomplish everything I need to get done. However, I have found prepping to be so empowering. I am confident that I am able to take care of my daughter, provide a home for us, we're preparing for emergencies, and we continue to grow every single day. My daughter is on this journey with me. She is a very confident young girl. Because of everything we've done to live a prepared lifestyle, she is far more capable than her peers.

I'm looking forward to connecting with other like-minded single moms out there and sharing in our experiences.

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
Re: Single moms
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »
I was until recently...

Cedar

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 11:19:22 PM »
I have been a single mom for most of the past 22 years (less 2 years about 17 years ago...), 2 eldest are on their own and my youngest daughter is still in high school and here with me.

Kids love learning how to do new things with you. How old is your daughter ?

Offline jasminegypsy

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 10:04:05 PM »
My daughter is 13. I've had relationships over the years but it's been just the 2 of us for the past 2 years. I've focused mostly on situational awareness with her. It has worked tremendously. Recently, her school was on a code red lockdown and she handled it in stride and helped calm her friends down. She's a very intelligent young lady. I homeschooled her until this year. She's in 7th grade now and doing great.

I'm a co-lead for a local prepper group so we do regular trainings and I drag her along all the time. Out group is focused on skills, so we have lots of training opportunities.

Offline busymomx3

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Starting to get the hang of this.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 01:31:50 PM »
Welcome!  I'm not a single mom but I love that you are teaching your daughter life skills and prepping.  I spend time everyday working with my 3yo on learning new usable skills like cooking and such.