Author Topic: Open Permaculture School Ebook  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Ice Princess

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Open Permaculture School Ebook
« on: January 22, 2015, 06:24:28 AM »
Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone has had much to do with The Open Permacutlure School? www.openpermaculture.com  They are offering a Permaculture Design Fundamentals ebook at a big discount right now. I'm very tempted to buy it, but wanted to make sure they were "legit" before my credit card info went floating off into unknown cyber space. Thanks in advance!

Offline mateo8835

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Open Permaculture School Ebook
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 11:23:14 AM »
 I signed up for their site and have yet to be able to view any videos or get any book.  That's not to say I may not be smart enough to figure out their website, but I don't think that's the problem.

I have paid for, taken and received my online PDC from Geoff Lawton last year and am a founding member of Permaethos and taking that course, so I obviously don't have a problem paying for valuable information.  I don't need anything else but thought, might as well see what their "free" info is all about.  While they do have some articles on the site that are worth reviewing, I would not personally pay for anything from them. Seems kind of like a bait and switch, but that is just my opinion. You can do a google search and find the following links, but opinions are like.... well you know. Just my thoughts.

http://www.permaculture.org/regenerative-leadership-institute/

http://highdesertpermaculture.org/blog/2012/12/14/the-spammers-at-permaculture-design-training-regenerative-leadership-institute-threaten-me-with-lawsuit/

http://openpermaculture.org/pipermail/permaculture_openpermaculture.org/2011-November/004638.html

Offline mateo8835

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 11:30:04 AM »
OK, so their website just made me a liar   :-[  I was just able to start watching the videos as soon as I posted that.  So maybe the website was having issues or my connection, or just maybe I wasn't smart enough to figure out the site after all, lol.  Anyway, I still personally would not pay for anything from them, but that's just me.

Offline SuburbanGardener

• Survivor
  • Engineering a sustainable lifestyle
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 11:51:42 AM »
I also notice that with the exception of the clip on their front page, you can't watch anything without registering.  After reading your comments, I'd even be leery of doing that.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 03:17:18 PM »
do you know who is running the site and teaching ? are these reputable people, do they have references from other well known teachers ?

Offline r_w

• Dedicated Contributor
  • On my way
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 03:51:00 PM »
Larry korn was one of the names. 

You can watch most of the videos for free, you have to pay if you want a certificate.

Like Jack says, if you are worried about spam set up a gmail burn account.

Offline Ice Princess

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 02:56:35 PM »
Thanks guys, appreciate the input!

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 12:48:22 PM »
Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone has had much to do with The Open Permacutlure School? www.openpermaculture.com  They are offering a Permaculture Design Fundamentals ebook at a big discount right now. I'm very tempted to buy it, but wanted to make sure they were "legit" before my credit card info went floating off into unknown cyber space. Thanks in advance!

Jack's comment:

Note the people behind this are complete and total scum.  Do not have anything to do with them!  At all, ever.  They literally have threatened to sue people over bad reviews and for being kicked out of private yahoo groups which they were spamming.

When you sign up there TOS literally says you give them permission to sue you. 

Notice to MODS, the people from this organization are scum, they are to be brutally beaten with the ban hammer if they show up EVER, if you provide me with IPs I will ban them from the server or admins you are free to do so as well.

Thanks to Paul Wheaton for letting me know about this, this episode of TSP gives the entire story,

http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/challenges-of-urban jump to about 7 minutes to get the skinny. 

Vlad, you are a scum bag!  Now go ahead and threaten to sue me!