Author Topic: busymomx3 garden 2015  (Read 6559 times)

Offline busymomx3

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Starting to get the hang of this.
busymomx3 garden 2015
« on: February 24, 2015, 03:28:17 PM »
Hubby and I are building an awesome garden this year and I'm excited to plant and see how I do.  I was going to start smaller but hubby wants to build a bigger garden so we will get to try or grow more of what we already know we can we new things added in.  My fall garden did fairly well, lettuce, cilantro, cauliflower and broccoli.  Once I get photobucket figured out (having technical difficulties) I will post my plot idea.

Planting plan
strawberries
raspberries
lettuce
spiniach
corn
pumpkins
watermelon
broccoli
cauliflower
cabbage
brussel sprouts
tomatoes
beans
peas
parsely
basil
cilantro
peppers
cucumbers
zucchini
potatoes
sweet potatoes
maybe blueberries

Already planted three apple trees and next week or so we will plant two peach trees.

Offline jerseyboy

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Garden State Prepper
Re: busymomx3 garden 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 07:08:31 PM »
Hubby and I are building an awesome garden this year and I'm excited to plant and see how I do.  I was going to start smaller but hubby wants to build a bigger garden so we will get to try or grow more of what we already know we can we new things added in.  My fall garden did fairly well, lettuce, cilantro, cauliflower and broccoli.  Once I get photobucket figured out (having technical difficulties) I will post my plot idea.

Planting plan
strawberries
raspberries
lettuce
spiniach
corn
pumpkins
watermelon
broccoli
cauliflower
cabbage
brussel sprouts
tomatoes
beans
peas
parsely
basil
cilantro
peppers
cucumbers
zucchini
potatoes
sweet potatoes
maybe blueberries

Already planted three apple trees and next week or so we will plant two peach trees.

Wow. That is a great list.

I want to do raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries too.  What varieties are you putting in? What zone are you?

Jerseyboy

Offline busymomx3

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 10:25:15 AM »
Raspberries I think I got what they had at tractor supply :( but they don't typically do well here because of our soil.  I'm doing raised beds with modified soil for them in the hopes of having better luck. 
Blackberries we are going with the Brazos and Navaho which are local.
Blueberries we are going with Brightwell and Austin or Premier.  I use the Texas A&M website for resources on local plants that do well here.  We are in zone 8a.

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 10:34:55 AM »
Raspberries I think I got what they had at tractor supply :( but they don't typically do well here because of our soil.  I'm doing raised beds with modified soil for them in the hopes of having better luck. 
Blackberries we are going with the Brazos and Navaho which are local.
Blueberries we are going with Brightwell and Austin or Premier.  I use the Texas A&M website for resources on local plants that do well here.  We are in zone 8a.

I am surprised on your raspberries. Even where blackberries won't grow in northern BC, raspberries grow in that poor mountain soil at 4,800ft above sea level with a 90 day growing window (for gardens). Are your blueberries 'rabbit eyes'? I have not heard of those varieties before, I only deal with highbush.

Cedar

Offline busymomx3

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 05:49:16 PM »
Sorry for the delayed reply :(.  So far the raspberries are doing good.  To much acid in the soil here I guess.  But my amended beds seem ok so far.  I have gotten asparagus, tomatoes, broccoli, lettuce, zucchini, cucumber, snap peas, beans, cauliflower, celery, onions, carrots, basil and parsley.  Oh yes and strawberries.  I still have another big box to do when I get home from Houston.
Oh I'm not sure if those varieties are rabbit eyes Cedar.  I won't get those in the ground this year.  I have three apple trees planted, two peach trees and purchased a lemon and mandarin tree. 
I also planted lots of flowers :).  Blackberries still need to be planted as well.  I have pictures but need to upload them to photobucket.

Offline busymomx3

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 05:11:53 PM »
Just after finishing the fencing for the garden and the chicken coop.  The coop will get moved out in a couple weeks.

One of the beds, there are two this size, the second one isn't finished.

Sunflowers sprouting

One of five fruit trees we planted.  This is the peach tree.

Offline busymomx3

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 07:53:38 PM »
More progress in the garden :).  Hubby is taking pictures since I'm out of town.

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 08:24:46 PM »
Good start! You have cukes coming up already?

Cedar

Offline busymomx3

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 08:47:27 PM »
I didn't plant the tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini, sweet pea or beans from seed.  Those were starts.  I need to get a trellis up for them.  I can't wait to get home, only one more week and then I get to play more.

Offline sshickson

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 08:02:17 AM »
Love it!!! Best of luck!

Offline busymomx3

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 06:11:17 PM »
So things are growing fairly well all things considered.  My honeydew died or so I thought but then I saw a two leaf thing pop up :).  I thought I was doing something wrong with my zucchini but it turns out they just aren't mature yet.  I have no clue LOL.  Just winging it.  I am starting to get tomatoes on the vines and one zucchini that is looking good.  Even have a strawberry.  But hopefully the tomatoes will come in good and that will be good for me.  Here are a few pictures of some of the growing ons :).

Offline busymomx3

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 05:08:54 PM »
My little zucchini plant got huge...

One of the few things doing really well for me.  That and 4 tomato plants producing.