Author Topic: 401$ worth of food for 80$  (Read 4233 times)

Offline rawdog1

• Prepper
401$ worth of food for 80$
« on: May 06, 2009, 08:12:40 AM »
Hope this is in the right place. But I thought I would let yall Know about my wife's coupon buying skill (bragging about my babe)
She left last night with 80$ and came home with 401$ of food, took an hour to put it away.She has been using coupons for a awhile now and man she can find bargins.
The food stocks are now at a month and are growing!
If any one wants to know more about how she does it drop us a line. I think she wouldn't mind sharing her ways.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
Re: 401$ worth of food for 80$
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 08:33:43 AM »
that is great.  wish the foods I buy took coupons, but we are mostly down to buying fresh produce and dairy (milk, eggs, cheese, butter) since we are trying to "eat what you store and store what you eat" and we like to eat from scratch.  I admire women like your wife.

Offline rawdog1

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 09:13:29 AM »
morning sunshine she buys cheese butter eggs you name it with coupons.The wife stock piles coupons out of any paper she gets her hands on then she will go shoping about every 2 weeks.She also winds up with alot of free stuff like soap ,shampoo,and hand sanitizer most of it is travel size though but thats how I have stocked our bobs .
We have started gardening and we live on my families 110 acers and are starting to raise our own beef!
We are glad we found this forum and have started to do some of the things Jack proposes.
Thanks morning sunshine.

Offline Call

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Canadian = envy my health care, pity my gun rights
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 06:58:57 PM »
In my part of Ontario we don't seem to have much in the way of coupons...it's more of a "sale!" kind of thing with our grocery stores. I am envious...clipping and conniving to get free/reduced stuff would be right up my alley!

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 09:54:36 PM »
Hope this is in the right place. But I thought I would let yall Know about my wife's coupon buying skill (bragging about my babe)
She left last night with 80$ and came home with 401$ of food, took an hour to put it away.She has been using coupons for a awhile now and man she can find bargins.
The food stocks are now at a month and are growing!
If any one wants to know more about how she does it drop us a line. I think she wouldn't mind sharing her ways.
I need to borrow your wife. ;D

You need to go to the Stretching Dollars and Saving Money board & get the wife to write up a How To on making the most of coupons.

I'll sticky it to the top if you'll get her to do a write up.  Coupons are something I've often wondered about (I buy the groceries), but don't have the first clue about when it comes to making the most of the opportunity.

Offline rawdog1

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 07:27:42 AM »
deltaechovictor we will get that wrote up and posted this weekend. As far as borrowing the wife be careful she shoots better than I do :D!!! she is A great gall.
thanks yall.

Offline idelphic

• I Zgjuari I DynjasĂ«
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Theoretical Conceptualist - Avatar by Ada
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 12:05:51 PM »
deltaechovictor we will get that wrote up and posted this weekend. As far as borrowing the wife be careful she shoots better than I do :D!!! she is A great gall.
thanks yall.

Looking forward to it,.. And it's no surprise that she can shoot better then you,.. (not knocking your skills)  Seems I read somewhere that women in general are better at that as, once they get past the report and recoil that they are smoother on the trigger..

We hit the store last night,.. don't remember what we spent,.. but I wished it was on the same scale your wife is pulling,.. 

Kudos!

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 05:39:59 PM »
thanks yall.
Cool!

I'll keep an eye out & mine is an excellent knife thrower & a dandy shot as well. :o

Offline Ultraist

• Prepper
    • Ultraist Studios
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 08:17:18 PM »
In my part of Ontario we don't seem to have much in the way of coupons...it's more of a "sale!" kind of thing with our grocery stores. I am envious...clipping and conniving to get free/reduced stuff would be right up my alley!

My wife scores her coupons here (if I remember correctly):
http://www.save.ca/english/index.php

Offline summer98

• Survivalist Mentor
  • This is a Floyd dog.
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 06:47:49 AM »
Looking forward to it,.. And it's no surprise that she can shoot better then you,.. (not knocking your skills)  Seems I read somewhere that women in general are better at that as, once they get past the report and recoil that they are smoother on the trigger..

That's because women, on average, have faster reflexes and better overall and hand-eye coordination than men. It's also why women tend to make better pilots.