Author Topic: Expense Tracking Software  (Read 2613 times)

Offline CombatPeds

• Prepper
    • My Page
Expense Tracking Software
« on: June 18, 2015, 09:13:11 AM »
We have found ourselves running a several small businesses simultaneously.   We have quite a few receipts and are looking for a better way to track expenses for deductions.  Currently we are running everything as a partnership model.  What have you guys used to track expenses to deduct come tax time?

Offline Arky

• Prepper
Re: Expense Tracking Software
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 09:51:01 AM »

Offline msparks

• Survivor
    • Michael Sparks, Journey to success
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 08:53:31 PM »
If you just need to track expenses, we use a program called Taxbot. We track 4 businesses currently with this, it's cloud based so it can be used on the go with our phones as well as home computers. Everything can be exported. It costs something like $100 a year.

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 03:49:06 AM »
I just create specific categories in Quicken that I can produce a report from at tax time, but my small business expenses are simple to track and it's not a problem commingling them with our personal finances.  QuickBooks is probably a more robust choice for tracking multiple businesses.

Offline CharlesH

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Hope is a method...
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 05:51:31 AM »
We use an Apple app called Kashoo.  It is fairly inexpensive and combines ease of use with a decent amount of data.  It is also nice because you can snap a pic of your receipt and easily attach the photo to your expense.  It is cloud based so until TEOTWAWKI I think we'll be OK...  ;D

Offline mnotlyon

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 12:45:53 PM »
I use quickbooks pro. Personally, I hate quickbooks. Not because it doesn't work well, but because they force you to buy new software every few years.

I chose it because it was recommended by my accountant. He told me I could use whatever I wanted, but I'd have to pay for whatever time it took his people to learn my software.

If your businesses are gonna grow to a point that you need an accountant, and you probably do, go ahead and get quickbooks now. They have an online version now too, but it wasn't quite as robust as what I need.