Author Topic: Edit profile  (Read 7315 times)

nkawtg

Edit profile
« on: September 04, 2015, 10:31:30 AM »
How can I edit the text "Survival Demonstrator" above my avatar?

Offline xxdabroxx

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Dave's not here.
Re: Edit profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 12:20:14 PM »
I think it's based on the amount of posts you have.  Not 100% though.
-Dave

Offline Ms. Albatross

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 12:46:32 PM »
How can I edit the text "Survival Demonstrator" above my avatar?

I don't think you can.  I believe it is based on the number posts you have contributed to the forum. 
You are in the 4,000 range so you are a "Survival Demonstrator". 
I'm in the 1,000's so I'm a "Dedicated Contributor". 
Trevor'sPop who posted for the first time today is a "Fledgling Prepper"
Smite us now, oh mighty SMOD!  Like crap from a giant asscrack, so wipe us from the face of the earth.  FreeLancer

OIL LADY'S DEFINITION OF A PREPPER: A prepper is someone who takes advantage of the monetary freedom offered by good economic conditions of non-wartime prosperity to stockpile for himself readily available supplies and equipment of a lifestyle-supporting nature. He specifically chooses to engage in such stockpiling during easy economic times so that when bad economic times eventually cycle around again, he will be prepared to engage in the self-preserving undertaking of riding out a lengthy period of scarcity of those same supplies and equipment without harming others in the process. The goal of the prepper is to be fully self-sufficient at all times --good times and bad-- without breaking laws or causing harm to others.

nkawtg

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 01:37:49 PM »
Look at Cedar's profile.
It's been changed to:

Autarkist Queen
Edtor of the CNN

So there must be a way...

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 03:26:54 PM »
Look at Cedar's profile.
It's been changed to:

Autarkist Queen
Edtor of the CNN

So there must be a way...

I think it's at the whim of the mods.....
23:57:30

Offline Ms. Albatross

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 04:31:55 PM »

This ^^^^^

They sure can be whimsical. ;)  That's how TheWarriorHunter became theBINKYhunter.
Smite us now, oh mighty SMOD!  Like crap from a giant asscrack, so wipe us from the face of the earth.  FreeLancer

OIL LADY'S DEFINITION OF A PREPPER: A prepper is someone who takes advantage of the monetary freedom offered by good economic conditions of non-wartime prosperity to stockpile for himself readily available supplies and equipment of a lifestyle-supporting nature. He specifically chooses to engage in such stockpiling during easy economic times so that when bad economic times eventually cycle around again, he will be prepared to engage in the self-preserving undertaking of riding out a lengthy period of scarcity of those same supplies and equipment without harming others in the process. The goal of the prepper is to be fully self-sufficient at all times --good times and bad-- without breaking laws or causing harm to others.

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 07:24:10 PM »
Actually, only the admins can do this. The lowly mods do not have this kind of power.

Yes, it is based on post count. It cannot be changed by the individual member.
"I went down Virginia, seekin' shelter from the storm.
Caught up in the fable, I watched the tower grow.
Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains.
And I wonder, still I wonder who'll stop the rain."

...A quote from the book 'Mataroda' comes to mind:
'To do more than your best is impossible, to do less is unthinkable'
WWCD = What would Cedar do?

Online Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website maintenance services by Mr. Bill
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 10:16:05 PM »
Everyone gets a postcount-based "membergroup".  The existing postcounts and membergroup names are:

0: New Member
1: Fledgling Prepper
10: Prepper
100: Survivor
200: Senior Survivalist
300: Survivalist Mentor
1000: Dedicated Contributor
2000: Survival Demonstrator
5000: Survival Veteran
10000: Forum Veteran
15000: Reporter for the CNN [Cedar News Service]
20000: Editor of the CNN
25000: TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
30000: Insufferable Know-It-All
50000: Severely Reclusive Obsession Ant

Offline Oil Lady

• Lady oil lady oil la-dy hoo
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • My book needs more humor. My pen needs more salt.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 10:28:47 PM »
I'm on the trail of the lonely goatherd.

My take is that if the admins like you enough, they will honor you with a hysterically fitting tweak to the text in that one line-item of your profile. They will do it without telling you, and probably without any input from you as far as what the text will say. And once they dub you with that tweak, you cannot change it. It's a rite of passage around here to have an admin mess with that text and bestow such a nickname. Kinda like Dances with Wolves: you don't choose your name, the tribe chooses it for you. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:34:20 PM by Oil Lady »
"This is the first scenario I've seen where I question the survivability of mankind." -- self-made billionaire Richard Rainwater in his business analysis of Peak Oil, "The Rainwater Prophecy," Fortune magazine, Dec 26, 2005

"This is an emergency far worse than World War I and World War II put together." -- CEO of Virgin Airlines, Sir Richard Branson on Peak Oil in CNN's investigative report "We Were Warned: Out of Gas" June 2007/May 2008 03:05

"We've got provisions and lots of beer. The key word is survival on the new frontier." --Steely Dan 1983

"... it doesn’t really matter who is removing your civil liberties, whether it is being done by a democratic government, a kleptocracy, a dictatorship or even the green police. When your civil rights are gone, they’re gone, and you really are in trouble, no matter how good the cause." --UK journalist Anthony Harrington, "Peak Oil and Collapse Scenarios," QFinance, September, 2011

Our parents used to say, "Don't worry, the government will take care of it."
And now our kids say, "Don't worry, the government will take care of us."

No food shall be grown that Monsanto does not own. (It all started with the disastrous 1980 SCOTUS ruling on Diamond v Chakrabarty. Petition your Congressman to revoke all patents on living things.)

"The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself." FDR 1937

The Tin Foil Hat Song by the League of Lady Conspiracists

Offline xxdabroxx

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Dave's not here.
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 12:14:44 PM »
So what do the stars represent?  Awesomeness? 
-Dave

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Reporter for the CNN
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 12:55:15 PM »
So what do the stars represent?  Awesomeness? 
the level of posts you've posted.

From a friend: Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.
My small blog: http://journeytogreenerpastures.blogspot.com/

Offline 1greenman

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
    • The Healthy Family Variety Channel
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 07:28:04 PM »
Pie
We have three YouTube channels for your viewing pleasure and education:
http://youtube.com/c/HealthyFamilyVarietyChannel
It is mostly Fossil hunting and other treasure hunting and some precious metals
Nature, Insects and spider channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRJ3RvAznL6qR0MR4yYOeG

Coin and precious metals education and investing: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsBid5JoIRbL9MkfuUFIZjA

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Does not fall well with plastic guns...
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 11:51:55 PM »
My take is that if the admins like you enough, they will honor you with a hysterically fitting tweak to the text in that one line-item of your profile. They will do it without telling you, and probably without any input from you as far as what the text will say. And once they dub you with that tweak, you cannot change it. It's a rite of passage around here to have an admin mess with that text and bestow such a nickname. Kinda like Dances with Wolves: you don't choose your name, the tribe chooses it for you. 

Pretty much this... I guess they love me!

They sure can be whimsical. ;)  That's how TheWarriorHunter became theBINKYhunter.

theBINKYhunter is my display name, my forum username is still thewarriorhunter. Anyone can change their display name under the account settings portion of your forum profile. One of the admins/mods was feeling whimsical a while back and I stuck with it (mostly because of my cool avatar I found).

You could easily become Mr. Albatross, TexDaddy could become CaliDaddy, archer to shoorter asshole, etc.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 11:08:50 AM by archer »