Author Topic: Candle Making Project  (Read 1342 times)

Offline CoreyAwesome

• Prepper
  • Captain Awesome
Candle Making Project
« on: September 15, 2015, 05:01:02 PM »
Does anyone know how silver rounds/coins would react to being in wax for long periods of time? Also, does anyone know how if there would be any reaction to being next to a fire?

I'm working out a candle design that would incorporate silver as a gift idea, but I don't want to mess with the value of the silver in the process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Corey

Offline jerseyboy

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Garden State Prepper
Re: Candle Making Project
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 08:09:45 PM »
Does anyone know how silver rounds/coins would react to being in wax for long periods of time? Also, does anyone know how if there would be any reaction to being next to a fire?

I'm working out a candle design that would incorporate silver as a gift idea, but I don't want to mess with the value of the silver in the process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Corey

Android app crashed while writing this... Silver would be fine in melted wax. However the temperature of a flame is higher than the melting point of silver. However, I doubt the coin would melt. You just have to keep it from the flame so it didn't oxide. Maybe you can use the high melting point wax on the outside with a small wick so the coins in the outer wax are illuminated but never touch the flame.

I would love to see pictures.

Jerseyboy