Author Topic: Best Airsoft M4 clone  (Read 2336 times)

rugbie

Best Airsoft M4 clone
« on: May 16, 2009, 11:26:26 PM »
Hello,

I own a DPMS AP4 (which is a clone of the AR-15 M4) and I am interested in an Airsoft replica for training purposes and fun.  I am new to the Airsoft movement, so I don't really know where to start.  I went to my local sporting goods store (Scheels Sports) and they had two different models:

A DPMS branded Soft Air USA model http://mediaplan.ovh.net/~cybergun/soft-air-usa/dpms/?item=17735/

and a Crossman Pulse R73 http://www.crosman.com/airsoft/rifles/SAPR73

I am looking for the following features:
 - Has the look and feel of the actual M4 rifle
 - Semi and Full Auto operation (actually, I don't NEED full auto, but it sure would be fun! ;D)
 - Not too expensive (hey, I'm trying to save money here!)

Do you guys have any other suggested models that I should look into?  Thanks.

Offline Darklen

• Prepper
    • Bent Barrel Airsoft
Re: Best Airsoft M4 clone
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 05:46:06 PM »
This should really go into the Airsoft forum as neither of these are air rifles (they fire 6mm bb's, not .22cal or .177 cal lead pellets or metal bb's).

Having said that, I honestly wouldn'ty buy either. They both break in short order. Being from Canada, we don't have the same free access you guys do, so we have to be particular about what we do get. I'd recommend a Tokyo Marui myself. Fairly inexpensive and will last for years in stock form. TM's only real drawback is the plastic body which can break at the stock end. A metal body upgrade will solve that problem in short order. If you can get them there either Jing Gong (JG ) or A&K make some decently priced stuff, though quality is hit and miss. Classic Army make full metal guns, their quality has come a long way int he last few years, but are a bit more then TM.

I know you said fairly inexpensive, but if you want identical feel of a real M4, your only choice is a SysyemA PTW (Professional Training Weapon system). These are designed to mirror every aspect of the armalight series from dimensions to weight to accessories to even the size of the magazines. Unfortunately, PTW's sell for about $1500, less battery and mags.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 05:53:32 PM by Darklen »
Taking the road less graveled

rugbie

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 06:27:34 PM »
Oops sorry wrong topic (I'm a noob) thanks for the answer though!

Offline Remington

• Survivor
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 07:13:57 PM »
A newer company called Echo 1 makes good quality airsoft guns with some metal parts. I would recommend that to you. They make M4s in several configurations, and are compatible with most other airsoft (and real steel) accessories.

Other brands for good quality guns (aside from TM as Darklen mentioned) are ICS and Classic Army. But they will cost up to twice of what an Echo 1 costs.

You can find reviews and other information on dedicated airsoft sites.
Thank you Jack and staff for the podcast and forums!

Offline Darklen

• Prepper
    • Bent Barrel Airsoft
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 01:46:44 PM »
FYI, Echo 1 are just rebranded Jing Gong's, though usually the overall quality is a bit better.
Taking the road less graveled