Author Topic: Pics from games  (Read 6424 times)

Offline Jackncoke

• Survivor
  • aka Silverfox
    • Sunset Shores Travel
Pics from games
« on: May 17, 2009, 07:47:12 PM »
Just thought I'd start a thread to post airsoft pics. Here's some I took today:

Me posing for a pic. I don't own any cammies, but I still play as well as the guys that own them.

A pic of how dense the woods are we play in. It's almost jungle thick. Sometimes you walk right past people.

Some of the guys I play along side, getting ready for the day

A close up of some of the guns we use. I like playing with that shotgun. There is something raw and primal about it.

Offline Remington

• Survivor
Re: Pics from games
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 06:24:22 PM »
Pardon me for not seeing this thread sooner.

Where do you play at? Is that private property or a public field? Looks like a great place to play!

Offline Jackncoke

• Survivor
  • aka Silverfox
    • Sunset Shores Travel
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 04:31:03 PM »
We play on a 10 acre lot in Indiana. It's a private field. We usually have about 6-10 guys play every sunday. There's even a house there that we can practice breaching. I really enjoy it.

Offline Tiretool

• Prepper
  • Airsoft Maniac
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 07:08:22 AM »
Rock on guys!!! That looks great!!

If you'd like to check out our pics and vids visit our site at http://www.seokairsoft.com/

Offline Darklen

• Prepper
    • Bent Barrel Airsoft
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 08:51:59 PM »
Well, I have a crap load of game pics I can link to if anyone is interested. Here's a shot of me from a game last weekend in Olds, Alberta. 104 players doing a huge Capture the Flag scenario (7 "flag" bases) on a 35 acre paintball field that ran from 6pm to midnight. Sun went down around 10:30pm, so we were pretty much shooting at shadows unless players had comms. and used them.

I like to try to learn something from every game, even just a plastic slinging fest like this one. I learned there are still people, young and old, who do not have integrity (don't call hits) and need to be "encouraged" to become honest. I learned I prefer my 5.11 FLASH undershirt over my Underarmor equivilent as it kept me much cooler. I learned drop leg dump pouches suck donkey butt with my play style. And finally, I learned that given enough time and patience, my teammates are finally coming to the realization that teamwork matters when playing this game.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:36:37 PM by Darklen »

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 12:52:50 AM »
Rock on guys!!! That looks great!!

If you'd like to check out our pics and vids visit our site at http://www.seokairsoft.com/

Cool site.

Juggernaut

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 09:10:20 AM »
thats awesome and looks like a blast!   :D   I wish I could get that many people together that frequently   

Offline rangergear

• Prepper
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 12:47:30 PM »
I totally agree with learning something new every time you play. Lots of people like to bash Arisoft because kids play it. But let’s look at the military they “Play” army all the time Airsoft is just a cheap MILES system.  During Drill weekends we might get 10 hours of room clearing. When My team and I train every Wednesday night we get 4-5 hours that’s almost 20 hours a week of training and its cheaper than shooting blanks. We also have a load of fun and I’m surrounded by people that want to be there not necessarily have to be there. 

Offline Rand McNally

• Prepper
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 01:06:56 PM »
I totally agree with learning something new every time you play. Lots of people like to bash Arisoft because kids play it. But let’s look at the military they “Play” army all the time Airsoft is just a cheap MILES system.  During Drill weekends we might get 10 hours of room clearing. When My team and I train every Wednesday night we get 4-5 hours that’s almost 20 hours a week of training and its cheaper than shooting blanks. We also have a load of fun and I’m surrounded by people that want to be there not necessarily have to be there.

I won't bash airsoft, it looks like a lot of fun, and has some application for the real world. I have worked with the Canadian version of MILES, WES, and one of the issues I had with it, and I think airsoft will have the same training flaw, is they both will treat concealment like cover. Lasers and BBs are stopped by stuff bullets go through. If you just want to play airsoft that does not matter, if you want it t translate to the real world it is something to keep in mind. It was frustrating not being able to engage tgts that were only concealed and not behind cover.

The second issue, I think would be range, I assume the range for the BBs is not anywhere near the range of real rounds. Again if you just want to play airsoft have at it, but if you want to transition to the real world, ensue that you have the right conception of the distance you can be effective engaged from.

Despite these limitations, I think Airsoft would still make a good training tool, plus your running around in the woods, building friendships and teamwork. What could be better. 

Offline rangergear

• Prepper
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 03:10:11 AM »
You would be correct in saying that the airsoft distance is not adequate.  I use to play out in the woods and have found the training value is very limited. It is frustrating that when you see someone and can’t engage them. That is why I started a business and airsoft field that is indoors. 
I cannot mention how many times I have trained with miles and have watched everyone turn in to John Rambo and shoot from the hip and do things that are very unrealistic. When you bring the idea of pain in to the equation people start to act a little more realistic in their risk taking.
MILES:
Pros: uses real guns, longer range, can tell you who shot who, cannot cheat (as easily)
Cons: heavy, not pain reinforcement,  disturbs gear layout (Harness), hard for civilians to get
SIMS:
Pros: pain reinforcement, marks target, different colors to identify who shoots who, uses most of your real gun,
Cons: Jams easily, if using a optic it must be changed out with SIM upper  very very expensive, hard to find place to shoot SIMS
PAINTBALL:
Pros: pain reinforcement, marks target, different colors to identify who shoots who, less expensive than SIMS
Cons: messy, not as accurate as all others, not as realistic, Still pricy
AIRSOFT:
Pro: Lest expensive of all the training tools, gas powered provides realism, some rifles are identical to real rifles, Pain reinforcement, great for practicing in garage, ability to make airsoft rifle identical to real rifle for cheaper than real rifle
Cons: short distance, no marking quality,

By no means do I think that Airsoft is the end all, be all of training tools. But I do think that this is one tool that everyone can afford.  I use Airsoft as one of my staple training tools and it has allowed me to take all my skills to the next level.