Author Topic: Excalibur Stainless Steel Dehydrator broken and no service!  (Read 6142 times)

Offline beadaholic

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Excalibur Stainless Steel Dehydrator broken and no service!
« on: November 20, 2015, 08:13:10 AM »
I got my Excalibur Dehydrator, one of the their top of the line models. It got here, the box is in perfect condition. The dehydrator obviously had been dropped and broken (the cabinet cracked) before putting in the box. They offered to send me a new cabinet. BUT........the fan makes a racket, huge jet airline noise, not how it should be, when it took the hit that fan was pushed out of wack, the knobs won't sit on posts so I can turn it on and off, I have to use pliers to do this, but then it is scary and I am afraid the fan is going to quit due to it hitting something inside of it. I took a video and everything. Showed it to them, but they are still only offering the cabinet. I had this shipped to Texas, someone crosses the Mexican border with it, and puts it in FedEx for me, like I said the box was in perfect condition (got pictures as well) so it is obvioius that they hurt it, still put it in the box and sent it to me. I pay really high taxes on things (customs) and well shipping to me as well. I am so disappointed needless to say, after being so excited about dehydrating. This was not an easy purchase, besides that they wanted to cancel my purchase because I did it from out of the US (I am American with American Credit Cards and it is ridiculous that I cannot do as I please it seems) anyway we worked that out. Well now, it looks like to me that they blocked "Mexico" from their website, I cannot send them emails, and I cannot get on their website (can someone tell me if they can open http://excaliburdehydrator.com/ site? Or possibly it is down? Or did they go out of business? arg....I am so disappointed. I had bought Cabela's dehydrator but canceled it (lucky me I was able to or maybe now not so lucky) and switched to Excalibur after advice on here.....so right now I am stuck with a non-working unit. I don't care about cosmetics, but I do want this unit to work.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Re: Excalibur Stainless Steel Dehydrator broken and no service!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 09:07:10 AM »
The web site does not open for me...but the Better Business Bureau site does and they perhaps could aide your communications with the Excalibur company.

Offline gopack84

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 09:13:13 AM »
Sorry to hear about your problem but they seem to be down generally. You can check things like this by plugging in the domain excaliburdehydrator.com in a tool like this one https://www.uptrends.com/tools/uptime to get a better picture if a site is maybe just blocking you or maybe you have some outage in your area of the world, or if the site is down globally. That is just one such testing site. There are several.

Can't help you with the product problem though. I've never bought from them or have any interaction but they are supposed to be a pretty highly regarded company I thought. You could talk to your credit card company about doing a reversal of the charges. Sometimes that will get a vendor's attention. Good luck!

Offline beadaholic

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »
Thank you both for the advice, looks like I will have to reverse the charge, after all I am willing to work on it, and work this out, but I have to be able to talk to them. Does anyone know their phone number?

Offline beadaholic

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 12:59:15 PM »
They also use drying123.com as a URL but it just goes to their site so it is also down. I found a number to call and I get the run around on their system, but no live person.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 07:33:47 PM »
So did this get resolved?
I've been looking at the 9 drawer on amazon.

Offline never_retreat

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I am the Great Cornholio I need TP for my bunghole

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 07:25:12 PM »
Hello? tap tap....

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 07:11:28 AM »
I dunno about their stainless steel, but I have 2 of the 9-tray plastic, and a 4-tray, and they work great and have from the time I got them.  My first excalibur was a used model that someone gave my BIL, and he passed on to me, looked from about mid-90s, and I worked it hard for 5 years before it broke.

my two 9-trays I do not use often, but when I do, I use them HARD, running for up to 10 days at a time.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 08:20:38 AM »
Thanks MS. I've had one in my amazon cart for a while, just waiting for the til to be able to handle the purchase. (And more reviews)

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 08:21:47 AM »
and I probably should get one with temp control, and auto off from what I've been reading