Author Topic: Need Recommendations for High Output LED Flashlight for Ranch  (Read 13958 times)

Offline ttubravesrock

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Born to be an Alaskan
Re: Need Recommendations for High Output LED Flashlight for Ranch
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2019, 02:03:28 PM »
Does anyone want to provide updated information/recommendations for a good-quality flashlight?

I prefer headlamps so that I can use both of my hands.
I also prefer flashlights that either have a rechargeable battery or 18650 cell.
I like USA made, but that's not an absolute requirement.
I'll only recommend lights that I have personally used.

Those caveats stated, here's what I recommend right now.

Nitecore NU25 -- Lightweight, rechargeable, and cheap. This isn't the brightest headlamp, but it's very bright and you can't really feel it on your head. It also has a red light for reading or when you don't want to dilate everyone else's pupils.

Surefire Maximus -- Expensive, rechargeable, powerful, and made in USA. I bought this one when Amazon had a 50% off sale. It's still my most expensive flashlight with 50% off! However, I had been keeping my eye on it for a long time. It first caught my eye because it was designed to be operated in extreme cold, and I live in Fairbanks, AK where it gets colder than -40 frequently. It is very bright and the brightness is controlled by a dial, so it is infinitely adjustable between off and it's brightest setting.

Zebralight -- I'm not going to recommend a specific light, because they have so many different combinations. They are a TX based company that has high quality lights. Both head lamps and flashlights. Most of what they have is below $100. I personally have one of their 18650, High CRI head lamps. I don't remember exactly which model. It's not rechargeable through the head lamp, but the battery itself is rechargeable.

Offline antsyaunt

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Need Recommendations for High Output LED Flashlight for Ranch
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2019, 05:51:08 AM »
Thanks so much!  I will check them out.