Author Topic: Any purpose in a 6.5x28 wildact for the PS90?  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
Any purpose in a 6.5x28 wildact for the PS90?
« on: November 28, 2015, 07:19:16 AM »
well i think wildcatting cartirdges does not require to having a purpose for it,after all,
but how about upsizing the 5.56x28 up to 6.5mm fort he benefit of larger heaviers bullets?
would one achieve any gains and would it be techically possible (I thnk magazine compatibility mainly).

BTW this is athought experiment of mine, so you don't realy have to answer it like there was a request for help question

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Re: Any purpose in a 6.5x28 wildact for the PS90?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 08:00:19 AM »
well i think wildcatting cartirdges does not require to having a purpose for it,after all,
but how about upsizing the 5.56x28 up to 6.5mm fort he benefit of larger heaviers bullets?
would one achieve any gains and would it be techically possible (I thnk magazine compatibility mainly).

BTW this is athought experiment of mine, so you don't realy have to answer it like there was a request for help question

Though a heavier,larger,longer bullet will not allow for much higher pressure/velocity/power ...it will lend an advantage of penetration,
perhaps stability and accuracy also. The small cartridge limits power/pressure to some extent.

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Any purpose in a 6.5x28 wildact for the PS90?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 09:52:29 AM »
yes,,,, depart from the volume of fire/low recoilcaliber and make it as big a heavy hitter/manstoper can be withing the bounds of the platform.
While maintainng the pointed bullets for some longer ranger hits (100+)
(that is compared to a 9mm SMG/MP)