Author Topic: China National Chemical Corp/Syngenta AG sale  (Read 3055 times)

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
China National Chemical Corp/Syngenta AG sale
« on: January 16, 2016, 05:49:31 PM »
China National Chemical Corp. moved one step closer to the biggest-ever purchase by a Chinese company after the board of Swiss pesticide and seeds maker Syngenta AG threw its support behind a potential sale, according to people familiar with the matter. Syngenta’s board met this week and voted in favor of pursuing advanced takeover talks.

Syngenta is an agricultural chemical and seeds company.

Speculation is mounting that Syngenta will do a deal following last month’s merger agreement between Dow Chemical Co. and DuPont Co., which will create a company with a market value of more than $100 billion and the world’s largest agriculture business. That deal may trigger a wave of consolidation in the industry as competitors dash to reposition themselves. Syngenta last year rebuffed a takeover attempt by Monsanto.

Buying Syngenta would transform ChemChina into a maker of genetically modified seeds, putting it in competition with Monsanto.

http://www.agweb.com/article/chemchina-said-to-move-step-closer-to-potential-syngenta-deal-blmg/

Cedar

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
Re: China National Chemical Corp/Syngenta AG sale
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 06:04:03 PM »
 :popcorn:  < Might be GMO.  I'm not sure.

Following this because I have a growing interest in China lately.

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 06:06:23 PM »
:popcorn:  < Might be GMO.  I'm not sure.

You so could grow your own there. I recommend "Calico" or "Dakota Black". Both have grown awesomely for me, and "Calico" tastes already buttered.

Cedar

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 06:09:08 PM »
You so could grow your own there. I recommend "Calico" or "Dakota Black". Both have grown awesomely for me, and "Calico" tastes already buttered.

Cedar

We have a major problem with ants (and cockroaches) here.  Last time I tried to grow corn, I ended up with several stalks of ants.  They just completely covered them.

But part of me really wants to try again...

I'm getting my seeds and some plants in a couple of weeks (our average last frost is Valentines Day).  I just might give it another shot.  That Calico sounds amazing!