Author Topic: Any good recipes for Fruit and Pepper jams?  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Nophix

• Prepper
Any good recipes for Fruit and Pepper jams?
« on: April 16, 2016, 08:44:23 PM »
I've recently become hooked on a Raspberry Jalepeno jam made at a local farm. It's AMAZING! So, I've been looking for some good recipes for other fruit based jams with a jalapeno or habanero addition.

I found 1 good one, but it was a, and I kid you not its awesome, Mt Dew Pepper jam. It came from a Youtube channel for video game fanatics (hey, prepping can't be our only hobby, right?).

I'd like to do something with maybe some Strawberries, or blackberry.

We also have apples in abundance during pick season. I though it could be good there, too, but I've never made apple jam. Truthfully, the Mt Dew pepper jam is the only jam I've ever made.

Offline kymbleg

• Prepper
Re: Any good recipes for Fruit and Pepper jams?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 11:42:06 PM »
I didn't exactly have a receipt.  I used the blue book recipe for plum jam but I added jalapenos.

Offline Mintbird

• Prepper
  • I'm working on it
Re: Any good recipes for Fruit and Pepper jams?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 01:18:24 PM »
I found this online recipe. I've made this jam and it's delicious! I'm not sure how much this makes but I usually put my jam in pint jars.

https://www.pepperscale.com/strawberry-jalapeno-jam/

Strawberry Jalapeno Jam

4 cups strawberries crushed
    1 cup minced jalapeño peppers (leave seeds in for extra heat)
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1 two ounce package of powdered fruit pectin
    7 cups granulated white sugar

Instructions

Prep to preserve
    Submerge your canning jars under boiling water for 5 minutes to sterilize.

Make the jam
    In a large saucepan over high heat, combine the crushed strawberries, minced jalapeño, lemon juice, and pectin. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Bring the mix to a full boil and cook at boil for one minute, then remove from heat.

Preserve your jam
    Transfer the jam into your canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch at the top of the jar.
    Slide a knife or spatula around the inside of each jar to remove air bubbles. Remove any excess jam from the jar rims with a moist paper towel. Then seal the jars.
    Process the jars in a boiling water canner (approximately 10 minutes, follow the canner’s instructions), then remove the jars and allow them to cool for 8 to 10 hours (overnight is a good amount of time).
    Store your preservers in a dark, cool environment.
Member Support Brigade