Author Topic: Fox Hunting or Trapping  (Read 3075 times)

Offline The Spartan Dad

• Survivalist Mentor
  • one step at a time
Fox Hunting or Trapping
« on: January 25, 2016, 04:03:54 PM »
I have a fox who's officially become a problem. It's killed a guinea, mauled a rooster, and attacked a goose though the geese are doing a good job holding it off.

I saw its tracks in the snow today and know where its coming in from the wood line. Does anyone have any tips on how to kill it?

I was going to bait a live trap with a chicken carcass and place it near the fox's path. If that fails, any suggestions for hunting the fox with a firearm?

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
Re: Fox Hunting or Trapping
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 05:54:46 PM »
You can shoot it, but I would contact your wildlife guys.. They will trap them and often give you the remains after they weigh them and tag them. You can also look into your trapper's license.

Cedar

Offline The Spartan Dad

• Survivalist Mentor
  • one step at a time
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 04:48:29 AM »
Thanks, I had thought about calling a local hunt club but not the wildlife dept. That's a good idea. I believe I'm exempt from all licenses as the landowner but do have to call certain tags into a hotline.

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 05:19:39 AM »
Thanks, I had thought about calling a local hunt club but not the wildlife dept. That's a good idea. I believe I'm exempt from all licenses as the landowner but do have to call certain tags into a hotline.

I would not bet on that.

Cedar

Offline The Spartan Dad

• Survivalist Mentor
  • one step at a time
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 05:40:13 AM »
Let me rephrase, I've viewed my state's hunting regulations several times and so far I've not found any game I would need a license for as long as I'm on my property. There may be some game that I need a license for but I haven't come across any yet. That aside, an animal killing my livestock or poultry removes most conditions including seasons. Exceptions of course for wildlife like eagles and owls which are untouchable.