Author Topic: Occupied on Pivot  (Read 3094 times)

endurance

Occupied on Pivot
« on: May 13, 2016, 11:01:28 AM »
I just started watching Occupied on Pivot TV.  Pretty interesting premise.  It's a Norwegian series about the consequences when, after a major hurricane strikes Norway, the government of Norway decides to stop producing and exporting Gas and Oil to Europe while Middle Eastern exports are at zero due to civil unrest.  Outside forces step in, the government struggles to remain in power while the Europeans and others within the military and other branches of government try to force them to produce to maintain the historical normal.

Interesting start, but it is all subtitled.  Well acted, high budget production, but you really have to pay attention with the subtitles because the plot is complicated.

Offline Jeremy Downing

• Senior Survivalist
  • Poodle loving prepper
    • Jeremy Downing's Blog
Re: Occupied on Pivot
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 03:39:02 AM »
Cool. I'll give it a looksee. Channel 267 on DirecTV if anyone wants to peruse.

Offline SYCABO

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 11:14:00 AM »
Gotta agree, though it is also on NetFlix!  I'm hoping we don't end up having to wait too long for Season 2.

I'm about 8 episodes in, but since my TV watching usually means hanging out with my daughter, I can't really take care of her and read all the subtitles.  I spend most of my time watching shows in english so I can keep listening.

Wild Colonial Boy

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 05:34:25 PM »
Awesome TV series....I have been learning some basic Norwegian for fun so this TV series is great!  The premise behind the story line is very interesting given the current relationships in Europe with Russia.

I guess in the near future, anything is possible especially when Norway as a state owns all oil and gas production (not businesses) and employs a Philosopher within StatOil to ensure that Oil and Gas extraction and the profits are used ethically...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB113340298608010935