Author Topic: Episode-1808- Darin Ward and Establishing a Business  (Read 1581 times)

Offline ag2

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Been fishin' lately?
    • My Startup Challenge
Episode-1808- Darin Ward and Establishing a Business
« on: June 15, 2016, 10:52:57 PM »
Hey folks. I think I forgot to mention that my handle in the forum is AG2. If anyone has any questions, feel free to hit me up here.  Also, if folks have suggestions for how to reach out to my niche, I welcome your feedback. Here's some more info.  I took the advice of a few online marketers and threw my money into facebook lead ads. Big mistake.  Now my marketing budget is pretty much gone, which leaves me out in the cold. PRWeb, parenting (mom) blogs and other services are paid services. Ugh.

My ideal customer is:
Moms with one or more young children who need a way to help their children safely play together and are willing to tackle a DIY project. Strongly targeting, but not limited to the homeschool community. Opportunities also exist in MOPS groups, churches, daycares, preschools, Montessori schools, doctors offices (waiting rooms) and stay-at-home moms (sahm).

The unique benefit that I bring is:
Customer service
Very unique product
Unique story - family product

My competition?
Kids furniture companies, toy companies, Mod Mom Furniture (Kiersten was on Shark Tank)
Trends?

How am I clearly different from my competitors?
Kids Double Desk is truly a unique, one-of-a-kind product.  My family product. Interesting story behind the development of the desk.
DIY is a growing niche.
Homeschooling is a growing niche.
Demand for natural and safe products is growing.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
Re: Episode-1808- Darin Ward and Establishing a Business
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 01:33:11 AM »
put one together and finish in a natural oil and donate to your local Waldorf school fundraiser/auction dinner. Ask that your brochures be displayed with it so the ones that dont win it can buy one.

Maybe donate one to a church preschool fundraiser the same way.

Sorry about the marketing money waste, looks like a nice product