Author Topic: Solar Hot Water  (Read 3607 times)

Offline msparks

• Survivor
    • Michael Sparks, Journey to success
Solar Hot Water
« on: May 20, 2016, 09:02:57 AM »

Looking at installing Solar Hot water into our new construction. Seems to me this has a pretty decent ROI. Any advice on systems or how to learn more would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I'm located in middle Tennessee,

Offline Zef_66

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Solar Hot Water
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 10:12:04 AM »
I talked to some guys breifly about installing this in our new home. Main thing is how it will be integrated into your new system.

The guys I talked to are Rayviance found at http://www.rayviance.com/. Shoot them a line and see what they have to say.

I will installing a wood boiler, so their systems will integrate pretty directly with mine and should be seamless. But all depends on what you want to do.

Offline msparks

• Survivor
    • Michael Sparks, Journey to success
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 06:40:33 AM »
Thanks.

Offline keebler

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 07:45:05 AM »
I have solar H.W. system for more than 24 years. (2) 4x8'  "Flat panel" to a Shell & tube Heat exchanger circulated by a Grumfus  Variable speed. 1/12 hp pump.(115 V ac)  fast in summer- slow winter, better control. closed Loop.
  on the fresh water (heated) side a stainless Grumfus Pump (115 Vac) to a 40 gallon regular water heater (storage) (not electrically hooked up). that Output  to the Input of my 40 gallon Electric water heater, thus almost, 80 gallon hot water if the weather cooperates.
there are (2) 11,000 ohm temperature sensors to a controller (115 Vac) which turns on or off the (2) pumps. they are located on the Panel output and the bottom on the storage tank. works great for me.
various valves to fill the solar panels & bypass the entire system if a Leak occurs. I drain sediment off the Tank Monthly.
Richie.