Author Topic: Berkey PF-2  (Read 3654 times)

Offline FrugalFannie

• Dedicated Contributor
Berkey PF-2
« on: May 23, 2016, 07:11:25 PM »
First off, we LOVE our Berkey. Got one at the Survival Expo in Irving a couple weeks ago and we can definitely taste the difference in our water. I grew up on well water and for 2 years before moving to Texas we were on a well. The water is not as good as that well I grew up on but oh well.

Jeff is also a very nice guy so if you ever get a chance to chat with him, make the time!

But here's my question. How do we know when to change the PF-2 filters?

Thanks for the help.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Re: Berkey PF-2
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 05:55:00 AM »
1000 gallons ,or about every 6 months in regular use and with how many times our water has be used and dumped in ,I suggest them for well water too.

One day....all the Nuclear waste we dumped in the ocean will come back to bite us.

Offline FrugalFannie

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 08:19:49 PM »
We drink a LOT of water and cook with it as well. Other than gestimating or spending time tracking actual usage, is there a way to know when it's time to change the PF2s?

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Berkey Water Purification Systems
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 05:49:45 PM »
Carl, thanks for answering the question, it can be up to 9 months to a year, but 1000 gallons is correct.

I have seen tests on amazon that will tell you how much fluoride is in the water, but quite honestly, it is just good to only use them 1 year or less, even 9 months is a good time to replace.

Jeff
The Berkey Guy

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 05:55:10 PM »
Carl, thanks for answering the question, it can be up to 9 months to a year, but 1000 gallons is correct.

I have seen tests on amazon that will tell you how much fluoride is in the water, but quite honestly, it is just good to only use them 1 year or less, even 9 months is a good time to replace.

Jeff
The Berkey Guy

Got your back dude...