Author Topic: Northwest Territorial Mint - Terrible Experience  (Read 17503 times)

Offline nimzy88

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Northwest Territorial Mint - Terrible Experience
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2013, 04:59:30 PM »
http://www.yellowpages.com/charlotte-nc/mip/atlantic-metals-exchange-472088479

an old friend of mine works here which is near Charlotte. I will be honest, I haven't talked to him in a few years but he was one of the nicest guys I've ever know, ask for Schipani and hopefully you could deal.

Offline Rayray250

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2013, 05:00:18 PM »
Thank you nimzy ill certainly check into that.

Offline Perfesser

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2013, 10:25:42 PM »
I'm glad you got that mess sorted out.
You'll sleep better for sure now.

Too bad those damn crooks are allowed to stay in business.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 01:49:22 PM »
Northwest Territorial Mint and its owner just lost a very, very large defamation lawsuit:

$38 Million Award for Online Defamation

...[Judge] Mahan ordered Hansen to pay $18 million in damages and punitive damages and Northwest Territorial Mint to pay $9 million in damages and punitive damages for fraud, oppression and malice; and Hansen to pay another $7.5 million, and the mint another $3.5 million, for false light invasion of privacy.

Co-defendant Steven Earl Firebaugh must pay $200,000 in compensatory damages.

In his Aug. 8, 2012 lawsuit, Cohen said Hansen and the mint retaliated after a court ordered them to pay $3 million for lease violations, including environmental contamination, on a lease property in Auburn, Wash. The property was owned by a company affiliated with Cohen, which sued Hansen and the mint in 2010.

Hansen and the mint retaliated by publishing several websites using Cohen's name, comparing him to convicted Ponzi criminal Bernie Madoff, and falsely accusing him of being the Bradley Cohen who was convicted of fraud in Philadelphia in the early 1990s. ...

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2016, 07:52:15 PM »
Northwest Territorial Mint and its owner just lost a very, very large defamation lawsuit...

And the inevitable result:

West Coast Mint Files for Bankruptcy After Losing Defamation Suit

Northwest Territorial Mint LLC put its coin-and-medallion-making operations into bankruptcy on Friday [4/1/16]...

Officials for the mint, located near Seattle, listed the judgment owed to Bradley S. Cohen and to Cohen Asset Management Inc. as a “disputed” debt in bankruptcy court documents. A lawyer for the company couldn’t be reached to explain how the filing will affect its operations, which make coins and commemorative medallions for the U.S. military and other customers. ...

Lawyers for Mr. Hansen and Northwest Territorial Mint have asked for a new trial. In defending the suit, they argued that the website published true information, that Mr. Cohen is a public figure and that the published information didn’t cause harm or damages. ...