Author Topic: Turkey in the freezer  (Read 2516 times)

Offline SelfSufficientPath

• Prepper
  • selfsufficientpath.com
    • Self Sufficient Path
Turkey in the freezer
« on: June 15, 2016, 06:19:21 AM »
Wild turkey don't provide a lot of meat, and I follow Jack's philosophy.  Rather than scalding and plucking, I just skin out the breasts.  Sorry, but I don't see the value on spending a couple of hours doing unpleasant work to get an extra half pound of meat.  All that said, we get more value out of turkey hunting than just the meat.

https://youtu.be/kz5c2dpImno

d3nni5

Re: Turkey in the freezer
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 09:26:31 AM »

I missed another Spring season hunting turkey with you.   Work has been shitty lately.   Good looking bird, even if he wasn't the one you wanted.   The time you spent with your kid more than makes up for the slow season.

So far as the guy with the dog, what the hell!   Seems like every time you go turkey hunting some asshat walks through where your set up!   PRIVATE PROPERTY people!   Please respect the signs!

Offline SelfSufficientPath

• Prepper
  • selfsufficientpath.com
    • Self Sufficient Path
Re: Turkey in the freezer
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 12:00:33 PM »
I missed another Spring season hunting turkey with you.   Work has been shitty lately.   Good looking bird, even if he wasn't the one you wanted.   The time you spent with your kid more than makes up for the slow season.

So far as the guy with the dog, what the hell!   Seems like every time you go turkey hunting some asshat walks through where your set up!   PRIVATE PROPERTY people!   Please respect the signs!

In this case the asshat in question was on his property.  Still an asshat though.  I saw him before he started calling his dog.  I called so he'd know what was going on.  He stops, looks almost directly at where I'm set up, and then proceeds to walk down through the field and starts calling.  I know this guy (sort of).  He's a hunter.  Which makes it worse.  Now, if dog was lost, that's another thing.  Gotta do whatcha gotta do.  But I suspect the dog was just out cruising the farm, and dude just saw an opportunity to be passive aggressive.