Author Topic: Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 2955 times)

Offline cwandrews

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Bitcoin Wallet
« on: July 06, 2016, 12:00:32 PM »
Howdy - I'm looking to get started with Bitcoin and am interested in recommendations for a wallet.

Pretty sure Jack Spirko recommended Coinbase, but I can't remember for sure. Love for somebody to refute or confirm.

Thanks in advance.

cdandrews

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
Re: Bitcoin Wallet
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 12:04:18 PM »
Coinbase is probably the easiest to start with.  You lose some of the REAL crypto/anonymity from BT, but it's very easy to buy/sell using your bank account.
If you can use paypal, you can use coinbase.

In fact, my 12 year old son uses it.  I think I've given him $5USD twice for doing weekly chores and he's already made 15%.
It's been a good teaching tool.  Learning about dollar cost averaging, currency exchange and other financial concepts.

Offline cwandrews

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Bitcoin Wallet
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 12:21:59 PM »
Coinbase is probably the easiest to start with.  You lose some of the REAL crypto/anonymity from BT, but it's very easy to buy/sell using your bank account.
If you can use paypal, you can use coinbase.

In fact, my 12 year old son uses it.  I think I've given him $5USD twice for doing weekly chores and he's already made 15%.
It's been a good teaching tool.  Learning about dollar cost averaging, currency exchange and other financial concepts.

That's cool - I think I'll do that with my 15 year old daughter. Agreed: great way to introduce commodity pricing, etc. into their world.