Author Topic: ALERT: Active shooter & multiple homicide incidents, United States  (Read 30705 times)

Offline Mintbird

• Survivor
  • Prepping since 2012
Re: ALERT: Active shooter & multiple homicide incidents, United States
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2018, 11:31:04 AM »
8-10 dead in a shooting at a Texas High School.  Some indications that the shooter engaged students emerging from classrooms after a fire alarm sounded.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/18/612286146/shooting-reported-at-high-school-near-houston

What in hell is going on with these school shootings? :pissed:

Offline Applejack

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2018, 05:13:14 PM »
This is getting out of hand.  10 dead including 1 teacher. 10 more injured including a school guard that confronted the shooter.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2018, 06:29:40 PM »
What in hell is going on with these school shootings? :pissed:

my opinion: the "losers" (I use that term based on the public school hierarchy; not my evaluation of the children) see other losers on the news.  No one is going to forget their names or pictures, no matter how many "have a nice summer"s they got in their yearbook.  They think - "I do not like being forgotten.  If I do this, people are going to remember me.  They will know who I am."

I think the MSM bears a lot of responsibility for these last ones.

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2018, 06:41:36 PM »
Has anyone else thought that an odd number of these little buggers are getting captured alive lately?

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2018, 06:46:56 PM »
Has anyone else thought that an odd number of these little buggers are getting captured alive lately?

cries for help? instead of going out in a blaze of glory?

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2018, 12:07:33 AM »
8-10 dead in a shooting at a Texas High School.  Some indications that the shooter engaged students emerging from classrooms after a fire alarm sounded.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/18/612286146/shooting-reported-at-high-school-near-houston

damn1 that boy was a Greek..damn!

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2018, 06:13:04 AM »
I've been seeing this quote from the TX Gov. spread around:
But once the bullets pierced his classmates’ bodies, the suspect surrendered, said Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas, and admitted “that he didn’t have the courage to commit the suicide.”
source:NYT  It seems plausible.  From a motivation point of view, most of these sorts of cases seem to be more of suicide-by-cop with a side order of blaze-of-glory than actual homicides.

cries for help? instead of going out in a blaze of glory?
Seems likely.  From another report:
Suspect Dimitrios Pagourtzis, 17, has cooperated with police, Galveston County Magistrate Mark Henry said. Pagourtzis told an investigator he acted alone, and spared people he liked because he wanted his story told, the probable cause affidavit says.
source: CNN; underline added

Ultimately, I think that nearly all of these incidents are some variety of suicides.  Trying to prevent these by looking at them as homicides is futile.  Effectively treat the school-age suicide problem and I suspect we'd mostly prevent future school shootings.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2018, 09:33:22 AM »
Ultimately, I think that nearly all of these incidents are some variety of suicides.  Trying to prevent these by looking at them as homicides is futile.  Effectively treat the school-age suicide problem and I suspect we'd mostly prevent future school shootings.

That or a variation thereof.  I'm not an expert, but if heard often that teen suicide attempts, especially for females can be a "cry for help".  That's explains why pills might be chosen over bullets for example.
If someone just wanted to not live, they could walk off a cliff, jump in a lake holding an anvil, etc.

But these are public performances.  They want their pain/anger witnessed and presumably understood by an audience.