Author Topic: aronia berry juice is awesome  (Read 1713 times)

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
aronia berry juice is awesome
« on: August 14, 2016, 08:00:40 PM »
I planted an aronia berry bush on the side of my house 3 years ago.  it had a few berries last year but a good amount more this year. these berries did not seem very juicy or appealing.  but I read about them online,  so I  boiled them in a pot with some filtered water for 10 minutes or so.  I crushed the berries with a fork and filtered out the water and kept adding water.  with a little sugar I thought this juice was really amazingly good. it tasted like one of those health food drinks.  reminded me of Acacia Berry from the Amazon or something

Offline I.L.W.

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: aronia berry juice is awesome
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 09:23:00 PM »
Yeah, it's good. The red berries are still questionable in terms of taste. Black varieties however are great for juicing. They definitely need to be sweetened, and you're right, you need to add a lot of water (there's only a drop of juice in each berry). It reminds me both in flavor and processing of using sumac seeds for sumac "lemonade".

Offline CF.Tree

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: aronia berry juice is awesome
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 04:38:51 PM »
I agree on the raw flavor, but mixed with other berries as a minor percentage we value the high antioxidant value.
We have shared a bunch with a friend who it is part of the cancer elimination plan.
With a flavor like that I can pick them till they start falling off in Dec with out any competition.