Author Topic: Mental prep and building medical skills: become an EMT  (Read 18826 times)

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Blacksmiths hit it while it's hot.
Re: Mental prep and building medical skills: become an EMT
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2010, 08:21:32 PM »
The only person on here I see itching for a "war" is this scrubs individual.This issue too important to waste time name calling.Im sorry I replied to this particular individuals vapid posturing.It will only happen once.

That's what I was commenting on - didn't want to see a back and forth tit for tat BS session start.

Good to know we're on the same page in that respect - as far as the inflamed/logical fallacy bit - the whole point is a logical exchange, which you were engaging in, but non-logical input regarding BS meters, and inflammatory responses to same, makes for an environment hardly conducive to learning and development.

Anyhow, I was hoping to help quell the "uprising" before it started - sorry if it added fuel. In the past I have found that disengaging from a pissing match lets things dry out.

Back on topic - ever thought about nurse practitioners?

I know quite a few kick ass medical professionals that run rural health clinics and the like - and they're all NP's. Kind of like a physician's assistant, but a bit more flexible in some areas, and much more geared to preventive medicine like diabetes management, social/medical outreach and education, and a few even do house calls like in the olden days, and help get folks healthcare that otherwise wouldn't.

Also, along the lines of access to healthcare, anyone interested in medication/prescription assistance programs, feel free to PM me - I do them all the time and would be happy to help out, especially if you're interested in learning how to do them and help others... ZOMG i get alot of emails. You'd be surprised who qualifies for them, and osme of the loopholes that allow big pharma to give away lots of drugs and skip out on some taxes in the process. W00t.

*so and so, you know, whats-his-face's brother-in-law's next door neighbor? Yeah, he told me to call you. I'm in Iowa...*

WTF?

;-)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:00:48 AM by Archer »

Offline heliotropicmoth

• Survivalist Mentor
  • "Nothing is troublesome that we do willingly" -TJ
Re: Mental prep and building medical skills: become an EMT
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2012, 10:44:48 AM »
My fiance and I just finished and passed our national registry for EMT-Basic. We are both volunteers with our local fire department. I think if you can get EMT-B paid for by your job or volunteer station you should take advantage of it. We both learned a lot and will continue our education with EMT-Wilderness next. I don't think I will be going on to EMT-Paramedic, that is a lot more school and I have a full-time job as an accountant. I learned so much through this class. I highly recommend getting this education even if you do not continue onto a higher certification.