Author Topic: Beretta releases 92FS to G series conversion kit  (Read 6471 times)

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Beretta releases 92FS to G series conversion kit
« on: December 24, 2016, 04:21:52 AM »
So, this makes so much sense I am shocked Beretta did it.

In a few previous threads there has been discussion on the Beretta 92 (M9) and one of its great vices, the combination decocker/safety.  The issue is that when running the slide (such as during a stovepipe or when chambering a round if forced to carry it with an empty chamber) a person can accidently wipe the safety into the "on" position resulting in a dead trigger.  It is also a step that can be forgotten even if you are carrying with a round in the chamber with the safety engaged. 

Beretta addressed this flaw when it released the Beretta 92G.  It is a factory Beretta 92 with a "decock only" lever on the slide.  Basically, if you push down on it, the weapon will decock and the second you release it the lever springs back up into the "fire" position.  The only "safety" is the long, heavy double action trigger pull...as God intended.

The issue of course, is that those of us that already had 92FS type pistols did not want to pay the money to buy another Beretta and of course, no police department and certainly not the department of defense would engage in the practice of buying a "less safe" pistol. 

No Beretta is selling a $55 converter that will let you convert your M9 or 92 series pistol to a decock only configuration.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/12/23/beretta-finally-releases-g-series-decocker-kit/

If you combine this is the Wilson Combat grips and M9A3 mags (17 round), the thing is almost a great pistol.  If I was the sort of person that would monkey with the guts of my issue pistol (in all seriousness I  am not) I would swap the decocker out in a heartbeat.

Offline CPT Morgan

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Don't Be Tolerant Today Dead Tomorrow
Re: Beretta releases 92FS to G series conversion kit
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 12:13:40 PM »
Good to know, thank you.

Online David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 06:14:32 AM »
When I decided to buy a 9mm it was a few months after Beretta cancelled the G series. After looking and trying a few guns I failed to find a G Elite II (what I really wanted) and "settled" on a H&K USP, my second favorite. Since then I've switched to an M&P but still love the H&K.

Honestly I think I've moved past the Beretta (I do hate the conventional setup) but the Wilson 92 Brigadier Tactical tops the list if I go in on another 9mm. Why fool around fixing this and that on the 92 when Wilson did the whole thing right from the jump? For a few hundred extra bucks you can hand down to your kid the perfect Beretta of our generation. Maybe even the paradigm of metal framed pistols (sorry to Sig and 1911 fans). Certainly among the best of a disappearing breed.

Beretta feels a little late here. Maybe its just my scorn for not having an Elite II in the safe.

Offline CPT Morgan

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Don't Be Tolerant Today Dead Tomorrow
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 11:59:25 AM »
the Wilson 92 Brigadier Tactical tops the list if I go in on another 9mm. Why fool around fixing this and that on the 92 when Wilson did the whole thing right from the jump? For a few hundred extra bucks you can hand down to your kid the perfect Beretta of our generation. Maybe even the paradigm of metal framed pistols (sorry to Sig and 1911 fans). Certainly among the best of a disappearing breed.

Never heard of it.  I'm going to have to check it out.

Offline 9mmMaster

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 02:35:43 PM »
Thanks Chem Soldier
Good looking out

PS have a Wilson Combat 92 G my favorite handgun!!!

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 05:41:05 PM »
This kit does work and is a solid upgrade...no bugs in this to bite you later.

Offline 9mmMaster

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 06:03:21 PM »
Don't know it's the whole kit but I believe Wilson Combat sells the G type decocker as well.

Offline 9mmMaster

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 08:55:30 PM »
I just purchased one we'll see

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 12:17:23 AM »

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 05:31:42 AM »
I just purchased one we'll see

That's a two bagger... :popcorn: :popcorn:

Offline 9mmMaster

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 11:37:30 AM »
Do I added the Wilson Conbat Beretta 92 decocker. It's single sided. It works if I was doing it again I would go with the double sided ambi one.

Offline 9mmMaster

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 06:58:49 PM »
Update on the Wilson Combat G conversion Got quite a rpfew range trips a dozen maybe
The only critique is that the lever does not return all the way back up after decocking
However it has been 100% reliable so guess that is only cosmetic.