Author Topic: Food Storage Feast students: Introduce yourselves here  (Read 12176 times)

Offline jchiar

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Food Storage Feast students: Introduce yourselves here
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2017, 12:34:18 PM »
Long time listener of TSP and Harvest Eating here from NY. I miss the days of you describing the mountains and blue clouds of Montana,lol.

Anyways, I am a suburban homesteader here. I have 3 chickens (shhh don't tell anyone) and a few raised garden beds. I just built a 10x10 greenhouse and hope to grow some greens when the temperature rises.

I am a Scout leader and love to teach kids and adults how to cook off grid when camping.

Very excited to start 'growing' through the course!

Offline Noah Darco

• Prepper
  • Stay-at-Homestead Dad
    • Food Storage Feast
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2017, 05:24:17 PM »
Welcome, jchiar! If any Food Storage Feast recipes end up going off-grid with your Scouts, we'd love to hear about it — or even see pictures.

I'll try to fill in for Chef Keith describing the mountains and blue skies, since I'm still here in Big Sky Country. But it'll have to wait for another day, as I can see neither as I write - just a few icicles hanging from the eaves out the window, and snow coming down in sheets.

Offline CandyBabyE

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2017, 08:15:32 AM »
Howdy from southeast Oklahoma. I'm Candy and am really enjoying the course so far.  I've been helping set up a food pantry at our church.  I'm hoping to use this course to help those who make use of the pantry to better use the food stuffs they bring home to their families.
Thanks Chef Keith and Noah for all your effort in putting together this course.
BTW, the Caribbean Black beans and Coconut rice had been a great hit.

Offline chefkeithsnow

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Food Storage Feast
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2017, 08:00:38 AM »
Howdy from southeast Oklahoma. I'm Candy and am really enjoying the course so far.  I've been helping set up a food pantry at our church.  I'm hoping to use this course to help those who make use of the pantry to better use the food stuffs they bring home to their families.
Thanks Chef Keith and Noah for all your effort in putting together this course.
BTW, the Caribbean Black beans and Coconut rice had been a great hit.

Candy,

So glad you're enjoying the course....much more content coming....I hope your church members can benefit from the information.

Please tell a friend!
Keith
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 08:50:25 AM by Noah Darco »

Offline Geordie9

• Fledgling Prepper
  • TSP Forum member
    • Kric8
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2017, 01:39:57 PM »
Hi, long time listener to both Jack & Keith's shows in the UK.

I am keen home cook and prepper so I am looking forward to going through the course and trying to get some inspiration for my edible insect business

Offline Noah Darco

• Prepper
  • Stay-at-Homestead Dad
    • Food Storage Feast
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2017, 02:26:13 PM »
Welcome, Geordie9.

Glad someone is keeping the British end up around here - I've always been very fond of that half of my family, and don't get to see them nearly often enough.

We won't tell my wife about your edible insect business - otherwise she might conduct a night raid. She comes from a part of the world where every corner market has an edible insect business or three.

Offline Geordie9

• Fledgling Prepper
  • TSP Forum member
    • Kric8
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2017, 03:40:39 PM »
lol, thanks Noah. I enjoy it and I am trying to start a business with it so hopefully she might be able to get them at a store or market soon

Offline terrabyte

• Fledgling Prepper
  • Pepperhead
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2017, 12:43:17 PM »
Northern Iowa.

We have a huge garden, but what to do in the winter? I've been wanting to deeply expand our storage & pantry, but have always been hesitant to purchase any of those long term storage solutions. I looked into the idea of just storing what we eat, but so much of what we eat is fresh produce or meat in the freezer. The idea of buying buckets of rice, beans, sugar, flour, didn't really seem all that practical or complete, either.

Our local co-op has so many options of dried foods & bulk prices if we want. But I didn't know where to start.
It was with great pleasure to listen to Jack's podcast on this topic, and so I signed up as soon as I got home from listening to it.

My oldest son is starting to get interested in cooking more and more, so we are going to probably make one of these meals each week, see if the family enjoys it, and if so, add it to our repertoire, and then stock up the pantry with those ingredient items. I also know he enjoys learning by video, when possible.

Offline yellowjkjeep

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2017, 01:35:14 PM »
Howdy from Southeast Texas, just northwest of Houston. 

Offline Carlyle

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2017, 02:44:27 PM »
Keith,

How do I get the spice packs from your recipes?  The TSP packs are out of stock at your store, and I would like to start the recipes with the original ingredients at least the first time before I modify them.

Thanks!

Offline chefkeithsnow

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Food Storage Feast
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2017, 03:52:48 AM »
We are shippign you one today!

There are 14 master packs in stock...

Keith

Offline Carlyle

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2017, 01:33:42 PM »
Thanks Keith!

Offline ilchianti

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2017, 03:25:06 PM »
Hi all,

I'm currently living in the San Francisco Bay Area, home of taxes, taxes, and insane property values.

Decided to get a membership and join the course after I'd explored the quantity and quality of free content Chef Keith Snow put out on his site.

Ilchianti

Offline breamer999

• Prepper
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2017, 10:09:14 AM »
Hello from Prince Edward Island, Canada
Log home on North Shore, Zone 5b.  Two greenhouses, 22 raised beds. 3k solar, partially off grid.  1.2km from pavement. 53 years old.  Long time TSP listener, since July 2009
Signed up after I found the episode, I've been out of the TSP loop a bit.  Own one of Keith's books.  Have ordered from him before but with the shipping and the CDN dollar in the toilet, hard to justify for now.  Excellent products.

Followed Keith's moves through the years, from NC, to Montana then back east. 

Offline ajknudsen

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2017, 02:18:39 PM »
Hey there from SW Idaho.  I have listened to TSP and Chef Keith for a while now and super excited to join the Food Storage Feast class.  My wife and I just bought a house on .28 acres, so not a lot of land, but neither of us has had a yard before.  Last year we planted our first garden with mixed results but we are trying for more this year.  Eventually I'd like to raise quail too, but we'll take it one step at a time.  With two kids under three our budget is tighter than we are used to, so I'm really looking forward to this class and helping to get our food storage started while still making delicious meals.