Author Topic: brushbeater blog post discussion  (Read 16496 times)

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
Re: brushbeater blog post discussion
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2018, 08:57:22 PM »
Not a lot there.  Tech ticket only, political commentators trying to gin things up like she was beaming signals back to Stalin's tomb in Mother Russia, and lots and lots of speculation down in the comments section on how VHF/UHF could be used to circumvent internet surveillance.  Absolutely no solid connection between her professional activities and radio transmissions, though there was some rampant speculation (if you can imagine that).  For bonus points, LodeRunner makes an appearance.

What's more, there's not much of a comms lesson to be learned.  Tight beams, low power, data transmission, blah blah blah.  Nothing that hasn't been hashed over in many places many times.  Ah well, at least I got filled in on what's been in the news these last couple of weeks and why friends and family keep asking me about the ham radio connection.

Because the only thing stopping all these preppers from forming effective insurgent groups during a collapse are their comms?

Any student of cold war history knows a great deal of kinetic action was facilitated by dead drop paper communication and implemented with a sharp object or poison.

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2018, 05:36:23 PM »
The latest:
Jailbreaking DMR
It's not my thing, but there it is for those so inclined.

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2018, 07:26:31 PM »
New one up, first in a while:
https://brushbeater.wordpress.com/2018/04/09/guidelines-for-inter-team-communications-and-integrating-it-into-your-kit/
This goes even more tacticool than usual.  Lots of little hints and techniques, worth a quick read if only to get how others are thinking.