Author Topic: LPK question  (Read 261 times)

Offline Corncob

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
LPK question
« on: January 08, 2017, 07:25:32 PM »
so.. Anderson lpk or RRA...right now you can get either one for about $50.00 with a single stage trigger. i love RRA bu does it really matter especially within the realm of single stage? i tried looking this up but didn't find anything recently posted..any advice?

Offline 16onRockandRoll

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Prepper Wannabe
Re: LPK question
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 08:39:59 PM »
I haven't used RRA, but I have used Anderson (among many others), and for a "standard" lpk, they are my favorite, hands down.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Offline Corncob

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 08:42:24 PM »
aside from some polishing...is there really any difference between single stage triggers?

Offline 16onRockandRoll

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Prepper Wannabe
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 10:39:45 PM »
Not usually much of a difference.  I have had one or two that caused problems.  The Anderson kits tend to go together easier, and they tumble polish their triggers and hammers.  It makes for a noticeably smoother trigger operation.  It is still just a military type AR trigger pull, but a better version of it.  I have assembled dozens of AR lowers, and there is one or two brands I avoid, and one or two I seek out, but Anderson is at the top of my list.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle