Author Topic: Tried out a few of the recipes  (Read 2200 times)

Offline fnfalguy

• Survivor
  • Ever learning...
Tried out a few of the recipes
« on: February 05, 2017, 04:34:35 PM »
So far in out house we have made the green rice, onion butter noodle, Caribbean beans & rice and tonight the Elk Bangkok style dish. 

In order our favorites have been the Bangkok beef and green rice.  We made the Bangkok dish with ground beef and it was extremely flavorful. 

Although the onion butter noodle was not in our top two, we are definitely going to be using the technique for making a quick tomato sauce when we don't want to spend a long time making a sauce.  I was really surprised how fresh and light the sauce was.

Next time for the Caribbean rice, I'm going to witch the volumes of water and coconut milk to try and get a more pronounced coconut flavor.

Based on what we have tried so far, we are looking forward to working our way through the rest of the recipes.

In short, great job Keith with the recipes and keep em coming.
Regards,
Joel

Offline chefkeithsnow

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Food Storage Feast
Re: Tried out a few of the recipes
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 09:03:36 AM »
So far in out house we have made the green rice, onion butter noodle, Caribbean beans & rice and tonight the Elk Bangkok style dish. 

In order our favorites have been the Bangkok beef and green rice.  We made the Bangkok dish with ground beef and it was extremely flavorful. 

Although the onion butter noodle was not in our top two, we are definitely going to be using the technique for making a quick tomato sauce when we don't want to spend a long time making a sauce.  I was really surprised how fresh and light the sauce was.

Next time for the Caribbean rice, I'm going to witch the volumes of water and coconut milk to try and get a more pronounced coconut flavor.

Based on what we have tried so far, we are looking forward to working our way through the rest of the recipes.

In short, great job Keith with the recipes and keep em coming.
Regards,
Joel

Hey Joel,

Thansk for the kind words....glad you are enjoying the recipes....and also glad to see you mixing it up a bit...recipes are guidlines...so making it your own tells me your confidence is building...good !!  I have made it will all coconut milk....certainly does bring a tropical flavor...please let me know if I can do anything...

Best
Keith