Author Topic: Eagtac PX30LC2-R Review  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Mjolnir

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Eagtac PX30LC2-R Review
« on: February 26, 2017, 05:18:58 PM »
Hey everyone,
Been a member on the forum for awhile but I haven't been on much lately. I have really appreciated all of the knowledge and help that I have received from members on here and so today I finally get to give back a little. I am starting a youtube channel and doing product reviews etc. I figure if the product I am reviewing can be something useful to this community then I should share my experiences with the product and help others out however I can. With all of that said I have two different videos to share, both are flashlights that I have found to be great products that can certainly serve a purpose in your preps or on the homestead. If you have any questions regarding the product, please ask and I will do my best to help. Also if you have any suggestions on how I could improve future content I would greatly appreciate that. So with all of that said, let me introduce you to the Eagtac PX30LC2-R. This is a great light with some nice features that has made its way into my edc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep1ZH3kZmgw&t=15s

Thanks everyone. I will post another thread for my second light review.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Re: Eagtac PX30LC2-R Review
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 06:20:42 PM »
Good looking light. I prefer a common battery though the 18650 is pretty common these days I like AA or "D" cell power for lights I may need longer run time out of like the THRUNITE TN4A or my three "D" cell LED Maglite( I have several) You did a good job with your video review...KARMA
Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Offline Mjolnir

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 06:52:31 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Carl. I can totally understand wanting lights that use more common cells. As you stated, the 18650 are getting more common, perhaps due to them being used in the vaping communities etc. But I also have a newer Maglite that is 3 D cells and Led, it can really put out some light too. I think for me (have to admit that I am becoming a flashlight nerd) I really wanted the power that the 18650's can provide in such a small package. But with lights like the TN4A, AA cells and others are really proving to pack a lot of punch when coupled with today's led technology. Really pretty neat stuff and it will only keep improving.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 07:04:43 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Carl. I can totally understand wanting lights that use more common cells. As you stated, the 18650 are getting more common, perhaps due to them being used in the vaping communities etc. But I also have a newer Maglite that is 3 D cells and Led, it can really put out some light too. I think for me (have to admit that I am becoming a flashlight nerd) I really wanted the power that the 18650's can provide in such a small package. But with lights like the TN4A, AA cells and others are really proving to pack a lot of punch when coupled with today's led technology. Really pretty neat stuff and it will only keep improving.

Yes,LED lights are really improving...if they could just figure out how to get longer run times with lower that paint stripping light levels as many people want a light to see with and not just blind aliens with. I have an old LIGHTWAVE 2000, 3 AA with 4 LEDs and while it is equal to a 2 AA maglite and good for walking and working with...you can't find many like it that can run as long as 150 HOURS on 3 AA cells and this is what I call performance...a light that doesn't need a bucket of batteries to keep functioning for over an hour.

There is good use for blinding bright lights,but most would be happier with something you can run for hours and not need to charge or replace batteries. OOPS,there I go on the soap box again...guess I am just a grumpy old man. 8)

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 03:05:12 PM »
well, it is a matter of having more modes made available to the user ( i am expecting a driver with 7 light level modes), or making available a continuously variable output interface

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 03:22:33 PM »
well, it is a matter of having more modes made available to the user ( i am expecting a driver with 7 light level modes), or making available a continuously variable output interface

While a bright light is sometimes useful,one can better work with a light that is bright enough to work with yet does not cause bugs to burst into flames or peel paintm and gets more than an hour of usable light..

Offline Mjolnir

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 08:38:04 PM »
I can understand wanting lights with longer runtimes. At this moment I think the marketplace is obsessed with creating brighter and brighter lights. Probably a similar trend that smartphones have gone through. Everyone was creating thinner and thinner phones at the cost of battery life, but I think now they are working to create more efficiency and better batteries so they don't have to reverse course on the size of the phone. I think right know most manufacturers are testing the limits of the batteries with output and hopefully efficiency will follow. To echo Greekman, I like the use of the "infinite variable output" lights because if gives you the ability to fine tune the amount of light you need for the situation you are in. Perhaps that will be my next light purchase  :happydance: ?

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 09:32:32 PM »
ahmmm, an Imalent?

Offline Mjolnir

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 10:32:24 PM »
Perhaps. I was looking at an Imalent before going with the Eagtac.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 04:34:11 AM »
  Don't get me wrong ,I use and enjoy powerful lights, I just find a long run time ,less powerful light to be better for working with and have found few budget lights that cover the range from low level with little blinding glare to flamethrower tactical.At least within my budget.

Offline Mjolnir

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 10:20:47 PM »
  Don't get me wrong ,I use and enjoy powerful lights, I just find a long run time ,less powerful light to be better for working with and have found few budget lights that cover the range from low level with little blinding glare to flamethrower tactical.At least within my budget.
I hear you. Honesty the light that I use most is a streamlight stylus pro. It is a great little work light and it is under 100 lumens. In the couple of years I have been using it on a daily basis, I can probably only think of a handful of times where I needed more light. But you know what they say, more is always better.  ;)

Offline Mjolnir

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 09:19:12 PM »
Well as I promised in my video, I finally got to take this light out and do a little bit of a night time demonstration of what it is capable of. This video also has the Thrunite TN4A HI in it plus a bonus light!!!  ;) Sorry it took awhile, but I hope that this can be a help to anyone who is considering any of these lights. This video will also be in the Thrunite TN4A HI thread I started.

https://youtu.be/F-NVOGBVhHE