Author Topic: Every Day Carry (EDC) Gear  (Read 27329 times)

Offline creuzerm

• Survivalist Mentor
    • My Blog
Re: Every Day Carry (EDC) Gear
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 12:12:08 AM »
This is my every day carry laptop bag.
It's half for 'survival' / GHB and half as my 'man purse'. There is a lot of stuff that it has just collected, that I could probably cut out of the bag, but I have found reason to yet. I am getting some duplication in the bag that can be reduced.

I carry this bag EVERYWHERE I go. I am a web programmer and server admin, so if my server goes down, I have the work laptop with me. I even carry the stupid thing to go to the grocery store, I do leave it in the truck then though.

The small front pocket, left to right.

First is the water that goes in the water pocket on the side. This pocket SUCKS on this bag, so I have one of those little metal clips that holds the bottle to the strap.
2 sugar/creamer/napkin packets to go with a coffee. 2 tea bags
A neck cord for a tradeshow with my company name on it - Hexagon
A screwdriver and tape measure tradeshow giveaway from a previous job
4 Crystal Light packets
a orange plastic match case with a cotten ball inside
a new 2GB memory stick new in package for $5 at walmart. I just got this, so it hasn't supersceded the 2 others
A 32mb memory drive
A 256mb memory drive with important info on it all encrypted.
A sewing kit. I have used this at the office a couple of times. Of note, is the extra bobbin with floral wire on it in this kit as well.
A binder clip. -These things are really handy, I gotta 'find' a few more on the floor at the office.
A swiss army knife with one of my company's brand names on the back.
A few pieces of chocolate.
A Winchester multitool and knife set I got for Christmas this year. The whole thing got tossed into this pocket, I haven't removed the extra knives yet.
A little multi-bit screwdriver tool.
A magic quarter in a plastic bag, and a silver doller for luck
a magnesium firestarter.
Still in the bag, a post it pad, assorted pens, and a small number of nylon zip ties.

The middle pocket, from left to right. Starting lower left, up down up down, etc.

Some camo camping rope. I am thinking of replacing it with white next time I am in the store as it's less 'survivalist' looking.
A wind up LED flashlight that can charge a cellphone with an assortment of tips. I can charge about 10 different cell phone types with this kit. Plastic bag for water protection
A rain poncho
Germ-ex antibacterial hand cleaner
A small insect repellent
A small sunscreen bottle
Water purification tablets
A black Altoids tin with Bag Balm in it. It's in the plastic bag as I don't know if the bag balm with melt out of the tin yet when it's hot out.
A space blanket
A 35mm canister with a bunch of cotton balls in it.
A small umbrella in a case that's a lot like a glasses case
A white T-Shirt 'brick' from a tradeshow. Both as a shirt, or as a large dressing, clean rag, etc.
an ace bandage re-rolled smaller
A sandwich bag with a few garbage bags, a 10 foot square of .7 mil plastic sheeting, and 10 of those rayon 'just add water' camp towels
A tin of Fishermans Friend cough drops
A sandwich bag with allergy medicine and cold madicne
My first aid kit, stuffed to the max
a retort package of an Indian rice dish and a retoart package tuna steak in the rice box, & two salmon packages.

My First Aid Kit with the 'Be an Ant, not an Grasshopper' sticker. I figure if I am patching them back together, I can rub it in their face a bit.
This has a few extra items not in a normal kit.
Some nonstick gauze pads
extra gauze pads
2 pairs of Gloves. If it's bad enough for gloves, it's bad enough that I may need help fixing the person up. Can you believe they sell a kit without gloves these days?
I put one of my stickers on the inside of my first aid kit. Pretty cool idea, eh? That ought to get their attention.
Athletic tape. This stuff is as good as duct tape!
non-sterile gauze roll.
A bottle of New Skin. This is worth, what, a whole box of bandaids? Much smaller package. The glass bottle is pretty tough, so I am not worried about breaking it wrapped up with all this gauze.
A sterile gauze wrap.
A bottle of the Nexcare spray. I figure I will give this a try for skinned knees and elbows.
A tube of triple antibiotic gel.
Another larger ace bandage with the cardboard core removed. I am holding it shut with a small bit of 14 gauge solid electrical wire
The assorted mixed firstaid kit meds.

This is in the 'Main compartment' and the two side compartments.
Not shown is the company Dell Laptop.
A few computer cables, USB hub, Digital Camera cables
A leather notebook portfolio with built in calculator, pen holder. I also have a couple of checkbooks, a book of stamps, there is a copy of my birth certificate in there, the paperwork and photo for getting my passport. A few bills needing to be paid, etc. This seems to gather paperwork. I can fit about a half inch of assorted 'need to dos' in it. I just cleared it out.
A Wisconsin map. I keep giving my Illinois ones away to people who are totally unprepared. (I have another set of maps in the truck)
A universal laptop battery charger.

Take note of the whistle/thermometer/compass/magnifier clipped to the D ring and shoved into that too-small cell phone pouch on the strap. I can reach this with my mouth and pull it out if need be.

That is the bag I carry around every day. A bunch of multi-use items.
I bought some superglue for it, but I need to finish another tin of Altoids to put it in.
A also have a small portable wireless router that sometimes finds it's way into the bag.
It seams like I spend a lot of time digging stuff out of this bag to fix other peoples problems.

I don't know what the bag weighs off, hand, but it's not exactly light anymore. I do walk to work every day, so it's not that bad.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 02:06:55 AM »
Dang, nice kit.  Extensive too.

Just to prove I read the whole thing ;D...yeah, Bag Balm melts when it gets too hot.  Although I can't tell you how hot too hot  is exactly.  I keep some out by the girl's kennel to doctor itchy spots with. ;)

johnnybgood30

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 02:36:02 AM »
Look guys there is no way i would carry that thing "Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack" it look way wrong my friends all ready give me a hard time.I do carry differnt pack for day use i carry in and out of the home my laptop bag wich has a lot of stuff in it then i have in the car when not working or going to use the laptop for the day i carry a "kids" style pack im a dirt bike rider and carry a spitfire back pack as a day pack it is allso for the SAR team im on it has every thing i would need for a over night in the woods in a pinch.then i carry my big hiking pack for SAR ONLY in my car it has every thing bed roll tarp etc to much to list for the long jobs.we have differnt jops opon the gear we bring with us.i would carry like a fox or some kind of main streem back pack if i was u u dont really want to many people knowing your biss if thay dont know than thay dont bother u for it :)

Offline creuzerm

• Survivalist Mentor
    • My Blog
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 11:18:37 PM »
Yeah, I hear that. Unusual bags draw attention.
I carry a laptop bag, and it actually has a laptop in it, and a few laptop related things. Surprise Surprise. Laptop bags are common enough not to raise concern. My biggest concern is about getting mugged for the computer. Maybe if the bag is heavy enough, they will change their mind.

I am bit concerned about the guy that carries smoke grenades and a flashbang with him everywhere...

I got my bag set up for my perceived threats. I live in an apartment in town. I walk to work, in town.
My biggest threats are staying out to late at a friends house on a work night, my car getting stolen out of their drive, and needing to crash there.
Or the guy in the office next to me comes to work with a cold.

My truck has an old school bag with few days of clothes and the personables kit.
I am trying to get a few things like a change of clothes worked into this bag, but I just can't make it fit. I am thinking of getting one of those clothes vacuum bags and see how that works.

I try to have the kit just deep enough that if I need to, i can spend a night out 'away from civilization' in case something stupid happens: there is a HAZMAT train wreck on the rail that goes a block by my house; a white cop shoots a black kid in a school parking lot and riots ensue; I am over at a friends house and something dumb happens over there.

There is a 99.9% chance that the worst that happens is I get locked out of the car in the rain during a picnic and I use the 10 foot square sheet of plastic to stay dry while the 5 of us are waiting for the locksmith to come, and then to seal up the side window when we let ourselves into the car. (Tip, look up prices on your side windows before you need to break one, odds are that itty bitty little window way in back costs more and is harder to install then the roll up side window)

It's all there in my bag to stay comfortable during the mundane little surprises that pop up in life.

Offline wcff3431

• Survivor
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 05:05:39 AM »

I am bit concerned about the guy that carries smoke grenades and a flashbang with him everywhere...

i have a question for you sir.    WHY? if they are trained and know how and when to use them. i mean it could be the distraction you also need to de-ass the area. i would think their would actually be more peeps carring them instead of pepper spray and stuff like that. to me those tools are worse than the flash bang and smoke. after a few seconds the somke and ringing are gone  but the pain from pepper spay takes a little longer.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 05:14:07 AM »
I would sooo love to have some flashbangs...

Smoke grenades are easy to make.

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 12:21:45 PM »
I think an bag with just one strap would have more instances where it could snag on something or be taken out of my possession. Two is one and one is none. I had thought about getting one at one point, but not as an EDC, BOB, or GHB. I could only see using flashbangs and smoke grenades if you are 1) ex-military and know how to use them (incendiaries are my favorite), 2) need to break up a crowd of people due to riots, civil unrest, or Wal-Mart openings near Christmas (For which I think CS would be better for), or 3) a ninja.

Here is my new EDC which I have put together. Of course it doesn't have everything in it I would like. I work at a hospital where there are rules about weapons on campus - the legal kind. So I can not carry my rough use knife with me where I work, but I can keep it in my car with my other equipment. Knives below a certain length can be brought on campus which I have.

Sorry for the blurriness but when I used flash it made the black things so you could not see them. I posted both so you could see the other things that were too blurry to see.

* This is the main compartment of my EDC. Since it is cold here this winter I have packed it with winter gear. Thernal socks, pants, and long sleeve shirt designed to be worn in temperatures near freezing. They also have water wicking capability and I found them in the sports section of Wal-Mart. This takes up a good part of my pack, but will be worth it if I need it.
* Lensatic compass. I bought this when I was in the Army and I love it. I need to buy some topographical maps. I need to check out the local bookstore and see if they have any. If not I will probably buy some online. I agree with Jack's assessment of compasses not being in many people's BOB or EDC. I have at least two compasses, and I think that anyone serious about survival needs to learn how to use one and a map. Shooting an Azimuth would be great also.
* I have some camo rope. I want to buy some para-chord. Its on my list of things to get soon. For now this will have to do.
* Fire starting sticks. Nothing better than having a few different ways to start a fire. I like using these, and have used them when camping. They burn for awhile once started and can be used to start tender with. They are also water resistant.
* Emergency blanket. Yes they are reflective but they can save your life, and many of us for some reason never think that there would be situations where we would want to be found! In that case it doubles as a signal to aircraft or other people.
* A short full tang tanto. I got this or about 3 bucks at BudK.com. I have no delusions that this thing could be used for everything, but it can be used for cutting rope, incisions, and mild defense. It is also short enough for me to carry at work. It has a rope around it so you can carry it around your neck if you want.
* Map of my county. Makes a compass more useful.
* 3 Nine hour citroella candles. These are good for starting fires, light when batteries no longer work, and keeping insects away. Candle wax can also be used to temporarily cover small cuts, scrapes, and insect bites.
* Emergency poncho. Even though I have a permanent camo poncho in my jeep, this can also be used to gather moisture if out in the woods via rain or dew.
* 3 ziplock bags. You never know what you might need to keep from getting wet or need to carry.
* Pocket Survival guide. I had this since I was a teenager. It has some good reminders in case I forget them in the middle of a serious situation.
* Wipes. Good to keep clean during a SHTF scenario.
* ACE wrap, roll gauze, Kelfex wrap, Moleskin, nurse tape and silk tape. Compliments my First-Aid pocket of my EDC.
* Generic survival tin. I made this thing out of tobacco tin I had. It has a wire-saw, a votive candle, matches, magnesium firestarter, safety pins, fish hooks (which one can be filed down to make into a suture kit with the other items I have), fish weights, and P38 can opener.
* Container of lint. Something else to start fire with if needed.
* Tasco binoculars. Not expensive. Not what I would call necessary, but very useful in several situations from hunting to recon in bad survival scenarios.
* 2 GRMS/FRS/NOAA radios. Useful not just in survival scenarios, but for avoiding having to be in a scenario to begin with. Sure NOAA may not be available during an EMP or Nuclear attack, but who knows. This is too useful not to have.
* Water resistant bag.
* Camera. Another not necessary item, but I have it because I never have it with me when I need it. Could also be useful in fender benders to get pictures of the accident and such.

This is in my side pocket of my EDC which I have function as a first-aid kit.

* Roll of gauze.
* Triple anti-biotic. Should be mandatory in every FAK.
* Field Dressing. I was taught to use one of these in the Army, and I think they are very useful in where someone needs to stop the bleeding fast. The only thing I think that would be better than this would be a field dressing with Quik-clot in it.
* A blue piece of rubber used for tourniquets.
* Large Adhesive Bandages. Sometimes you need a large bandage.
* Normal saline eyewash, Visine, and medicated lip balm.
* Steri-strips which are good for cuts without needing sutures.
* Non-stick bandages. Because pulling them off can hurt.
* A bag of mostly sterilization pads from alcohol, to iodine, and it contains various sizes of bandages.
* 10 Gauze pads.
* Eating tool with fork, spoon, knife, and wine bottle opener.

Front compartment contains some utilitarian items.

* First is a battery operated glow stick. Good for if there are people with you so they won't lose track of you in the dark.
* Assortment bag of rechargeable batteries. Good for operating most of the electrical equipment I carry in my EDC.
* Matches. Can never have enough of these.
* 4 pack of Bic Lighters.
* Tin of various meds from Tylenol, Benedryl, Excedrin, to Immodium.
* Hot Hands. These are useful if your hands have become cold and are hurting.
* Head Lamp. This has four settings. Red light for night time activity. Focused. A beam to cover a larger distance in front of you. Then there is the last one which has both focused, and broad range at full blast. This is an often used item in my EDC.
* Spool of clear plastic thread. It is good for mending both clothing and people if you use the filed down fish hook as a suture hook.
* CPR mask. Because I like to help people without possibly contracting some incurable disease.
* Zip lock bag containing 3 latex free gloves. I agree that this should be in every FAK. I have a large box of these in my home FAK.
* Tweezers. Useful for more than pulling out splinters.
* Empty saline syringe. This can be used with water to cleanse a wound of dirt or debris. Possible to use a Dakiins Solution to clean infected wounds.
* Permanent marker, pen light, 2 ink pens, 2 mechanical pencils, one pen with a small roll of Gorilla Glue Duct tape.
* A whiste which has a compass, temp gauge, and magnifier. Although the other things are useful, I am teaching my family to use whistles in case we are every separated, and to blow them in a certain way to identify where we are.
* Nursing scissors. No point at the end means safer cutting, and they are good for cutting other things besides gauze and bandages.
* Earphones both for my MP3 player and for my cellphone.
* Recorder. Sometimes it is good to keep a travel log so you can remember things without having to write them down.

Other things not show here are in my EDC:

* 2 bags of trail mix.
* 3 energy bars.
* Pen light with laser pointer.
* 2 Granola Bars.
* 1/2 Gallon of water in Camelbak pouch.
* Multi-tool
* Back-up set of glasses.
* 2 Carbiners
* Small 3 number lock for the main compartment.

I think that is everything, so here is the pic of my complete winter EDC. I will probably add more, and if so I will edit them here. I am thinking about putting the bigger poncho in this EDC, but in most situations I should be able to make it to my car to get it.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:24:43 PM by ColdHaven »

Offline creuzerm

• Survivalist Mentor
    • My Blog
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2009, 12:37:11 PM »

i have a question for you sir.    WHY? if they are trained and know how and when to use them. i mean it could be the distraction you also need to de-ass the area. i would think their would actually be more peeps carring them instead of pepper spray and stuff like that. to me those tools are worse than the flash bang and smoke. after a few seconds the somke and ringing are gone  but the pain from pepper spay takes a little longer.

His perceived threats necessitate such equipment.
Maybe 'for' would have been a better word, but 'about' works as well.

I hope that he isn't in my area. As I am not seeing the same threats.
I hope that if he is in my area, we bump into each other on friendly terms, have a chat and at least be able to recognize each other as not threats to each other. That way if we are both at the same mall and stupid happens, he doesn't drop one at my feet on his way out the door. Hopefully he recognizes me and drops it behind me.

I hope this dude doesn't get pulled over one day, with the bag open on the passenger seat because he wanted a candy bar he put in it. Cop sees the smokes, drags him out of the car and to jail as a suspected terrorist. (stupid times these days)

I am concerned about him, because circumstances can put him in a bad way, and the sheeple reaction can put me in a bad way.

I agree, with you, If he has training, knows how to use it well. I don't know that he does. (one can assume so, on this forum, but there are a lot of armchair survivalists and mall ninjas out there)
But did you look at them? They have Priority Mail tape covering up the bottoms! Maybe there is a good reason for such (please tell us John)

Offline John Willis

• Survivor
    • Special Operations Equipment
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 08:02:28 PM »
I dont always carry flashbangs. Those bangs are not even real in the photo. They are trainers. That picture was originally shown in another posting to show how much the bag could hold.

But why a concern over smokes and bangs? Why not be more concerned witha pistol and several mags. The firearm can do way more damage than the smokes or bangs.

Smoke are legal here in TN and can actually be purchased off the shelf. Smokes can be used for concealment and also for signalling.

I would not have the bag sitting open in my seat to be looked into. Even if it was there are no legal issues here in my state. Even my wife carry's a gun and several mags on her person.

I carried those bags around in San Diego everywhere I went for over a year. In the malls, Barnes and Nobles, starbiucks, the movie theaters,etc. Never was questions and never got any odd looks. To a person in the know they will recognize it the same as a rigers belt or a certain type of watch. To the average person the see a computer bag, especialy with the flap covering it. Oakley even makes several bags now that have military styling with metal hardwae and pals webbing. It has been prety big over the past few years for your grinola eating hippe chicks to carry mil surpus bags. At least in Ca around San Diego, Berkley, santa cruz etc. Here in TN you dont see it as much but as long as the bag has a flap and is black people dont look twice at it.

You should have enough gear on your person to fight you way to your vehicle. Enough in your vehicle to fight you way home and enough at home to sustail and get your self to your unltimate destination.

Offline creuzerm

• Survivalist Mentor
    • My Blog
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 04:43:37 PM »
I must remember not to post a reply at one AM.

Ok, I typed that ten times.

I don't think I can talk my way out of this one, so I will just shut up. 

Thanks for elaborating John. San Diego, that explains a lot.

Back to your regularly scheduled EDC discussions.

Offline infobomber

• BANNED
  • Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2009, 03:48:41 PM »
Ozark Trail 3"' locking knife
ipod touch
Bic lighter
bandanna (worn on head)
Gerber original multi tool
leather belt
good boots
napkins
------------------------

I try to carry my camera bag with me
camera
matches
paperclip
lighter
harmonica
4 fresh rechargeable AA batteries
digital voice recorder

If I will be using my laptop when i go out
laptop
power cable
pcmcia wireless card with atheros chipset
ipod charging kit (car and wall adapter)
ipod cable
male-male audio cable
yellow leagal pad w/ leather cover
magizine / catalog / book
3 blade pocket knife

-------------------

I noticed a lot of you people also use your laptop bags as your EDC (or what i refer to as kit). One problem I see with laptop bags in particular is they are a high value target for thieves.  When I purchase my pistol I will also open and ccw. The ipod is my pda, and is bright enough to be used as a flashlight, and the battery life is pretty good.  Ive been wearing this bandanna for years and it's got its uses. I found the multitool in a hotel hallway.  I traded a 'punk' studded belt for this leather dickies belt several years ago (and have had to add a few holes). I just got some new boots, the last pair was 4/5 years old but in decent condition, the problem with them is they were 'slip on' motorcycle style boots which are nice, but not made for walking, and offer no real support. The napkins are so I dint have to use leaves when i go to the latrine if its out of paper. 

Offline chrisdfw

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2009, 12:27:04 PM »
Pistol
Small pill bottle (3 pills)
lighter
Leatherman
250 cash
cell phone/PDA
Photon micro light

Offline PBRstreetgang

• Survivor
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2009, 10:23:41 AM »
I figured before I ask for a new board to be created I would start this thread to see if there is any interest in EDC.

I'd agree that EDC is worthy of it's own board, even though a lot of the subjects (knives, tools, pistols) bleed over.  Heck EDC fans even have their own forums.

+1 for all the Maxpedition recommendations - I thought I'd highlight their newer Sitka and Kodiak Gearslingers that rotate around your torso to provide quicker access to the compartments and pockets.  I recently picked up a Sitka for EDC but haven't had a chance to load it up yet.

Sitka Gearslinger

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2009, 09:44:41 PM »
I'd agree that EDC is worthy of it's own board, even though a lot of the subjects (knives, tools, pistols) bleed over.  Heck EDC fans even have their own forums.

I'll float it by the rest of the Mods/Admins & see what the consensus is. ;)

Offline chrisdfw

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2009, 01:42:40 PM »
I would sooo love to have some flashbangs...

Smoke grenades are easy to make.

I am not sure what is legal in your jurisdiction, but you can get training flashbangs and fuses for $15 per fuse, and not too much for the body.

The fuse is the important part. From there it is easy to make your own if it is legal in your jurisdiction. You just need to add a little more powder. However!!! you may also
need to make a few more holes in the body for the pressure (sound and light) to escape or you will have inadvertantly created a frag grenade and someone will get hurt!!!

I am not advocating doing this, just saying it can be done. Personally, I just have the training ones, about 130db. If I ever needed to I know how to pump them up.

The fuse is cool to have because it is a pull pin fuse just like a real grenade, you don't light it or anything, just pull the pin and toss. retreive the body, unscrew the fuse, screw in
a new one and repeat.

Caution: you can go broke at 15/pop, only thing more expensive per shot than my 50cal.

jeremya

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 01:42:53 AM »
I think EDC is more defined to what you carry on your person everyday....

I mean, if not I could always start name individual parts of my car as EDC...

I would agree that EDC gear would be whatever you carry with you on a daily basis pretty much every time you leave the house.
So people carry bags with with them literally everywhere. I just recently started carrying a Maxpedition Fatboy with me daily. Gives
me the ability to carry a bit more than what my pockets can comfortably hold.

Also, carrying a bag that says national guards marks you right away. Most Coastal cities arent friendly to the military.

I would definitely recommend avoiding anything too tactical looking for EDC, GHB, or BOB. You want to be prepared without telegraphing
to the world that you are. Of course that's just my opinion.

I will take some pictures of EDC gear tomorrow.

-- Jeremy

jarhead1857

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2009, 12:37:09 AM »
I agree.. and I believe that not flagging yourself as a "risk management analyst"(ie survivalist) benefits you in this regard:

Most people work at offices.. so lets say I do too. I am an accountant working in my office and one day Bob the fellow accountant goes crazy and begins shooting and killing randomly in the workplace. Or more realistically, he is let off and goes into an outrage.. killing randomly. Having not flagged myself as a survivalist, he will not consider me a threat until I have incapacitated or killed him.

Having a "aesthetically" cool BOB or EDC works directly against the purpose of having one, IMHO. Proper risk management analysis dictates this.

Imho, a proper edc bag would be black and similar to laptop carrying bag. Green/Light brown is a dead give away.

Offline the_dude306

• Prepper
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2009, 11:11:54 AM »
I do agree that you should not have your complete ruck sack as an EDC but now-a-days camo, OD, Coyote ect are almost as popular as the bright colors and black options.  Well, maybe not quite, but in my area, you wouldn't stand out regardless of what your bag looks like.  As I sit here and type this, five people have past my home office, 2 of them had some sort of "tactical" gear on them.  From a camo pack back to army issue pants.  Neither of them stood out.

I am loving my versi bag/man purse.  It carries water, first aid, paracord, ect.  Not always toting it around at the mall, but it is always in the car/office with me.  The other items are my EDC items, on me every morning.

Offline product85

• Survivor
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2009, 09:12:37 PM »
i have the jumbo versipack murse manbag etc and i have really adapted to it quickly. it can grow quite large if you need it to but i am really quite happy cinching the compartments down until i need them and it is quite manageable and as the days go on i am getting more questions/compliments on it than i am getting "look at his purse!" overall i am very pleased with it. I carry it more often then not but sometimes have to leave it nearby due to restrictive firearms legislation in my state, but if you chose to disregard these restrictions or are not subject to them then this bag is even better.

Offline liftsboxes

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Quit Whining
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2009, 12:39:34 PM »
I don't have a EDC bag exactly.

Interestingly enough, after years of spending lots of time in the car during work hours over the years, I do have a fairly good kit near at hand.

The car always contains the following items:
first aid kit
mag light
bic lighter
matches
chem light sticks
large wool blanket (ever had a car break down on a back road during the winter in MI?)
hiking boots and extra socks
some variety of beef jerky and power bars
box of .38spl
leatherman tool
spare cell batteries

On my person:
locking blade knife (size varies)
.38 and at least one extra speedloader (size varies - open carry is legal in NH)
zippo (even without fuel, you can start a fire with the flint/steel combo)
cell phone

I should probably consolidate all of the above into a carry bag (and can handle my laptop too) and a BOB for the car.

Hmmm...

Offline TysonC

• Survivor
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2009, 05:06:37 PM »
I EDC a maxped fatboy - here's my set up:

Contents -

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 05:16:54 PM by TysonC »