Author Topic: Powdered eggs?  (Read 17843 times)

Offline evilphish

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Powdered eggs?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2010, 06:24:52 AM »
Question for you evilphish, why did you mix the egg whites with your whey protein? What was  the benefit?

cheaper then cassien protein for my evening shakes.  and safer then unpowdered eggs.

Offline Redman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Lost in the 50's
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2018, 04:14:59 AM »
Bumping this up since I had planned to start a thread on this.

We occasionally find ourselves with an abundance of eggs in the frig and I was wondering if anyone here has done this. Apparently so and it seems pretty well discussed. I think I'll have to get some fruit roll sheets for our dehydrator and give it a go. Here is another article from the internet to add to the thread.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/dehydrating-eggs-at-home/

Our dehydrator runs at a constant 165*. It's a Presto also but not digital and no timer. Regret that, should have spend the extra $25.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2018, 05:36:17 AM »
 :popcorn:  MMM powdered eggs

Offline Redman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Lost in the 50's
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2018, 05:47:15 AM »

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2018, 06:19:27 AM »
  I have never 'made' them ,but I do enjoy the storage and using them.Just like regular eggs with about 2 year shelf life.

Offline Redman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Lost in the 50's
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2018, 06:22:36 AM »
I figure on using them but need a better way to keep them when I got them like this. This looks like the way to do it.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2018, 06:34:50 AM »
I figure on using them but need a better way to keep them when I got them like this. This looks like the way to do it.

I also would be tempted with a ready supply ,but feel I can just buy the powdered eggs and saVE A LOT OF BOTHER AND A LITTLE RISK..Sorry ,I hit wrong key,not yelling. I get them when on sale ($16 for 72 eggs) and keep them for a year ,due to sale price as they are 'good' for 2 or so years otherwise.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0096I5DJU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline Redman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Lost in the 50's
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2018, 08:29:06 AM »
Link shows $27.99. That's $2.33 dz. Not too bad compared to normal fresh egg price around here. I catch them on sale for less than $1 dz. or on coupon for free hence 5 dz. in the frig right now, most free with $20 purchase. Our normal weekly grocery purchase isn't much more than $20.

Sale prices and free coupons is also the way I came up with 100 lbs. of sugar over the last year and half. 60 of those pounds free the remainder $0.99/4 lbs.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2018, 05:16:57 PM »
  The Augason dry eggs at $16 or so for 72 is a fair deal and they cook just like 'regular' eggs ,though I prefer the fresh DUCK EGGS from our ducks on the lake as they taste just a bit 'richer' to me...the dried eggs that you add water (or milk) to and cook taste better ,to me,than the already cooked and dried product and it takes so little time to cook a skillet load of them for me and dog.