Author Topic: Tick removal and treatment with essential oils  (Read 2930 times)

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
Tick removal and treatment with essential oils
« on: June 01, 2017, 06:46:54 AM »

Heard this on Gary Null show. This seems amazing, I just ordered oregano oil and palo santo oil. Internal use of oregano oil however is pretty radical but can be done. I have heard but it may kill all your gut bacteria. The external use application seems the most relevant

https://cassingram.com/oil-wild-oregano-must-tick-induced-diseases/

"During tick season the use of oil of wild oregano, ideally as a daily
supplement, is a must, rather, life-protecting and life-saving. No one
should go into the wilderness or woods without it. Moreover, it is not
just obviously wild areas, but in many instances it is an essential
for mere back-yard and park protection."

http://holistichorse.com/health-care/repel-ticks-and-prevent-lyme-disease-with-essential-oils-2/

To remove a tick, place a drop of oil directly on the tick and wait
for the tick to let go. Do not pull the tick off as you do not want it
to penetrate any further into the skin. And we want to prevent the
tick from transmitting disease, especially if it is a Lyme Tick bite.
Palo Santo is the best oil to use for this application. However,
peppermint, cinnamon bark ( Cinnamomum verum ), thyme or oregano (
Origanum compactum ) also will work.

http://www.oil-testimonials.com/essential-oils/4666/easy-tick-removal-with-oregano

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
Re: Tick removal and treatment with essential oils
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 11:58:52 AM »
I know nothing of using these oils for treatment.

But, I'm not a fan of covering it with something that can possibly kill it while it is still attached.  Once it lets go, then I'll kill it.  I'm concerned the oil could cause it to regurgitate what it has already sucked down.

I really like the Ticked Off spoons.  Looks like this.

A friend of mine really likes The Tick Key

Offline DrJohn

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Call on God, but row away from the rocks.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 04:37:26 PM »
 I ordered palo santo oil, rose geranium oil, and oregano oil. I opened the bottle of oregano oil and took just a very slight wiff. My nose was burning for nearly a half an hour. Very strong stuff

Some websites say dilute it with water and spray it on a dogs body to help keep ticks away. The other oils are not as strong and a drop or so can go on the dogs collar

Offline Holguin

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 06:05:01 AM »
I ordered palo santo oil, rose geranium oil, and oregano oil. I opened the bottle of oregano oil and took just a very slight wiff. My nose was burning for nearly a half an hour. Very strong stuff

Some websites say dilute it with water and spray it on a dogs body to help keep ticks away. The other oils are not as strong and a drop or so can go on the dogs collar

That sounds strong! Is it safe to put on the dog?

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 01:11:45 PM »
Buhners new book on lyme disease has a formula for a natural tick repellent. Is that the type of thing you guys re looking for with this ? If so, I can take the time to type it out

Offline marchel

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 06:08:39 AM »
That sounds strong! Is it safe to put on the dog?

It can work but if I were you, I would try not doing it.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 08:51:42 AM »
It can work but if I were you, I would try not doing it.

oil of oregano is the most strongest oil and hard to take to say the least, just a whiff sets your nose on fire for at least 40 minutes. Strange enough though, some people do take it. They claim it cleans out their gut bacteria where pathogens related to Lyme disease may live. The other oils are very mild in comparison. I have asked people who work at health food stores or vitamin shops about oil of oregano and that is what they told me. Gary Null also had mentioned it

Those good old doctors, CDC, and medical establishment types have always been denying chronic lyme and attacking those who claim to be trying to help. There you go, suckers who follow main stream med

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dana-parish/its-a-scandal--daryl-hall_b_11118332.html

“It’s A Scandal” -Daryl Hall on Doctors Denying Chronic Lyme

I assume you were seeing doctors- what were they saying?
They told me it was the summer flu and all this nonsense. So I started talking to my family about it and my ex-wife, who has Lyme, said it sounded to her like Lyme. So I went to another doctor who finally did test me, and found I also had ehrlichia. He gave me two weeks of Doxycycline only, and of course, old story, nothing happened. Except that the bull’s-eye suddenly appeared. But I was not getting any better.

And then my sister found Dr. Joseph Burrascano for me, who was one of the few Lyme doctors practicing, and he was out in the Hamptons. He was the first Lyme-literate doctor that I went to and he gave me my diagnosis and started proper treatment. That went on for about a year.

================

http://www.contagionlive.com/news/is-the-medical-community-behind-the-times-when-it-comes-to-treating-lyme

Is the Medical Community Behind the Times When It Comes to Treating Lyme?

Major problems surrounding Lyme disease today include reliance upon dogma, promoting beliefs people are expected to accept without questioning or doubting, and the use of selective science by many in the medical community, the Lyme “experts,” who often blame the patient, the internet, and treating doctors with divergent opinions for their own lack of successful patient outcomes. They continue to approach Lyme with a “cookbook” approach. Patients are told the symptoms are “in their head,” that they need to stop reading the internet, or parents of patients are accused of Munchhausen by proxy syndrome (ie, making their children sick). These experts neither want to understand why their approach does not work, nor do they want to take the necessary time to understand the disease by researching and reading all the science, not just that which supports their unsuccessful treatment approach. Steeped in dogma, they ignore the fact that Lyme is meant to be a clinical diagnosis using testing as an adjunct.

====================

https://www.holtorfmed.com/cdc-doesnt-want-know-lyme/

What the CDC Doesn’t Want You To Know About Lyme

The U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) strict surveillance definition was developed for national reporting of Lyme disease and is primarily used by health departments for epidemiological purposes. This definition is narrow, meaning that only a minority of actual cases will meet the strict criteria – experiencing a 5 cm or larger rash and at least one late, objective manifestation such as meningitis, cranial neuropathy, arthritis attack or AV block.

Moreover, Lyme presents itself in symptoms often misdiagnosed as Crohn’s Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, Colitis, Encephalitis, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Cystitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Lupus, Prostatitis, Psychiatric Disorders (bipolar, depression), Sjogren’s Syndrome, sleep disorders, thyroid disease, and more.

To diagnose Lyme properly you must see a “Lyme Literate Medical Doctor (LLMD)“, who is knowledgeable in using the latest, most accurate lab tests and treatments. When it comes to Lyme disease, there shouldn’t be any standard, superficial approach. The most common standard treatment for acute infection with Borrelia is 2-4 weeks of oral antibiotics, often doxycycline. But about one-quarter of these patients—and a higher percentage of those who don’t get quick treatment—will develop a chronic infection that doesn’t respond to simple antibiotic therapy. Unfortunately, the CDC keeps denying that chronic Lyme exists. Some doctors don’t think Lyme bacteria survive after 30 days of antibiotic treatment, but many studies have shown that they can.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 09:32:43 AM »

This is about internal use:

https://cassingram.com/lyme-disease-cure-personal-experience/

The Lyme Disease Cure – Personal Experience

here developed joint issues. The ankle froze up, as did the elbow. Later, swelling developed on one of the elbows. That swelling was intractable and would not respond significantly to topical application of various remedies. While it did help to apply certain topical agents the major aid came from oral dosing, in this case the super-strength form of oil of wild oregano and also, importantly, the multiple spice complex, as 400 mg capsules. These capsules were taken aggressively and resulted in the eradication of the swelling. Superior results were achieved when this was combined with the use of the oil as drops under the tongue

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 11:36:55 AM »
Yesterday I sprinkled a few drops of Palo Santo oil on my mothers dog since there are ticks about now. My mother thought the dog was acting funny. In addition my mother said she couldn't sleep at all last night, not even a wink. She thinks the oil scent may have caused it. I had a strange sensation in my head as well, like a slight numb feeling that lasted for hours. Today she gave the dog a bath. That seems like powerful stuff. I only used a few drops but it's possible I should have diluted it with water

https://www.petmedella.com/natural-ways-to-fight-ticks-on-your-pets/

Essential Oils for Tick Repellent.
There are several essential oils that can work for tick and flea prevention. You can use them alone or in combination to create your own tick and flea repellent. Here are the most common oils used:

Geranium Essential Oil
Juniper Essential Oil
Rosewood Essential Oil
Thyme Essential Oil
Grapefruit Essential Oil
Oregano Essential Oil
Myrrh Essential Oil
Palo Santo Essential Oil
Purification Essential Oil
** Citrus and pine oils can be toxic to cats*

=====================

https://www.stillpointaromatics.com/palo-santo-essential-oil-aromatherapy

The wood from the Palo Santo Tree has been used since antiquity by the Incas as a spiritual remedy for purifying and cleansing. It is said to cleanse a space of negative energies. We find the same holds true for the essential oil.

The name Palo Santo means Saint Wood or Holy Wood. The oil is distilled from the fallen dead branches and the remains of standing dead trees. The wood matures over time after the tree has died, developing a chemistry that makes for a very powerful essential oil. What we find to be very interesting is that the same chemistry does not occur in cut branches or the wood of cut trees. So it said that the spirits of the sacred Palo Santo trees are carried in the essential oil and are part of what makes the oil so potent.

===============

http://purehomeandbody.com/essential-oils-2/single-and-blended-essential-oils/usingeos/nature-home-care/the-ultimate-natural-guide-to-battling-summer-bugs/

Palo Santo is a an essential oil grown in Ecuador. It’s chemical structure is similar to Frankincense, however it has shown effective against mosquitoes and ticks.  Dilute 5 drops of Palo Santo in 1 Tablespoon of Aubrey’s Aloe Vera and apply to the neck, back of the ears and other exposed skin. You can also make your own spray by diluting 20 drops of Palo Santo essential oil in an 8 ounce spray bottle, spray your clothing and skin with this oil to deter ticks, mosquitoes and other flying bugs.  Purifying Blend essential oil is also a good option to spray on clothing and skin to deter these pests.

======================

Another interesting bit there:

http://purehomeandbody.com/essential-oils-2/single-and-blended-essential-oils/usingeos/nature-home-care/the-ultimate-natural-guide-to-battling-summer-bugs/

The Essential Oil Desk Reference I use indicates several essential oils to use to fight against Lyme Disease if you should come down with it: oils effective for Lyme Disease, including “Copiaba“ for joint pain,  Blue Cypress, Melissa, Oregano, Clove and Thyme to kill the parasite.  These oils are listed  in defense of the microorganism “Borrelia burgdorferi”   Oregano and Clove are particularly powerful antibiotics, so much that they do kill off some of the “good bacteria” in your gut and should be supplemented with a pro biotic to replenish the good stuff. If you suffer from Lyme disease, talk with your doctor about these options for treatment. Deer ticks are only as large as a pin head, and often go undetected unless you experience a classic bulls eye irritation surrounding the bite. Because of this, prevention of tick bites is essential.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 12:07:24 PM by surfivor »