Author Topic: Suggestion for getting books cheaply  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Azcopperpenny

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Suggestion for getting books cheaply
« on: June 15, 2017, 10:59:22 PM »
I really love a site called Paperbackswap.com. I have received so many books through them that has saved me a lot of money. You earn credits by mailing books that are requested from your "bookshelf", then you use the credits to get books you want. You can also keep a wish list that will automatically request a book when it becomes available. Hope this helps some of my fellow prepping bookworms.

Offline dalered

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Suggestion for getting books cheaply
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 08:47:10 PM »
I've been looking for a way to get rid of some of my paperbacks while getting new titles in return. Thank you so much for suggesting this.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 09:52:52 PM »
I really love a site called Paperbackswap.com. I have received so many books through them that has saved me a lot of money. You earn credits by mailing books that are requested from your "bookshelf", then you use the credits to get books you want. You can also keep a wish list that will automatically request a book when it becomes available. Hope this helps some of my fellow prepping bookworms.

Thanks for the info.  8)

Offline redrider

• Prepper
  • Purveyor of Post Drills
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 08:34:26 AM »
I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

rr

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 08:39:24 AM »
I used to use paperback swap, but the terms changed, and since I didnt use it very often, swapping the free books stopped being a savings as opposed to other used book sources. I get books at the local used store sometimes, from Abe Books online, and sometimes even Amazon (especially Amazon for used college textbooks and Ebay for used homeschool bundles )