Author Topic: Natural Antibiotic Alternatives  (Read 14923 times)

Offline Rorschach

• Survivor
  • ...sombody knows why. Somebody knows!
Re: Natural Antibiotic Alternatives
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 11:03:31 PM »
Of note - blueberries and/or their juice is a GREAT remedy for peptic ulcers. Anthocyanins in the berries, amongst other chemicals, tend to inhibit bacterial activity. Not so great as an antifungal, as they'll still ferment (yeast is eukaryotic, vs. prokaryotic bacteria) but it's a wonderful remedy for all sorts of things.

It is likely sulforaphane would treat H. Pylori(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC296232/, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC124299/), a bacteria that is strongly associated with stomach ulcers.  It is found in the cruciferous vegetables; "Food is Medicine".

Offline RPZ

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2012, 07:58:41 AM »
Oregano oil.

As far as it being conclusively an anti-biotic, viral, fungal etc - it is conclusive. Most recent time I used it was for a bad infection under a tooth. When the tooth got loose enough I pulled it out. Daily doses of the oil ensured no returning infection. Saved myself a trip to the dentist and several hundred dollars.

I have used it to kill flu (and or prevent it along with the common cold) as well.

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Blacksmiths hit it while it's hot.
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2012, 09:25:02 AM »
Oregano oil.

As far as it being conclusively an anti-biotic, viral, fungal etc - it is conclusive. Most recent time I used it was for a bad infection under a tooth. When the tooth got loose enough I pulled it out. Daily doses of the oil ensured no returning infection. Saved myself a trip to the dentist and several hundred dollars.

I have used it to kill flu (and or prevent it along with the common cold) as well.

Luckily my dentist likes going to my gun club.

He'll pull a tooth for 60 bucks, give or take the nitrous.

I lost both top wisdom teeth for just shy of 150 bucks!

Nice work with the organo oil though. There's some pretty wicked kill-anything-but-you chemicals out there in some of the most common of sources.

Offline RPZ

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 07:16:04 AM »
Lucky you - a fellow shooting dentist!

Every prep group needs a dentist; it is probably the most desireable asset to have.

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Blacksmiths hit it while it's hot.
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 01:10:25 PM »
yep. I gotta go see him for a routine checkup/cleaning soon so I can talk him up about rain barrels and long term storage some more. I hope he doesn't find a cavity or aynthing... ugh.

Offline preparenow

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2012, 10:13:40 AM »
Good info guys. I've been a herbalist for over 30 yrs. I also haven't been to a doctor for an illness for over 30 yrs! Self treatment herbal medicine has worked great for me. A good book that I use as a guide is Natural Healing with Herbs by Humbart Santillo published by Hohm Press. The book is like a manual that teaches even beginners about using herbal medicines. You can look up a specific illness, and it tells you what to take, the dosages, and in different forms. A great book to have on hand!

Offline preparenow

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2012, 12:43:00 AM »
Good info guys. I've been a herbalist for over 30 yrs. I also haven't been to a doctor for an illness for over 30 yrs! Self treatment herbal medicine has worked great for me. A good book that I use as a guide is Natural Healing with Herbs by Humbart Santillo published by Hohm Press. The book is like a manual that teaches even beginners about using herbal medicines. You can look up a specific illness, and it tells you what to take, the dosages, and in different forms. A great book to have on hand!
oops.....I posted the wrong book...ignore this one its worthless.

Offline welshman

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012, 08:54:23 AM »
years ago there were 2 items in first aid kits that have not been mentioned here I think it is worth the mention they are potassium permangate and glycerin they both have medical use permangate for antisepic properties and the glycerin for intestinal problems
but together they will also start a fire, very strange