Author Topic: Talking Whisk(e)y  (Read 13576 times)

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
Re: Talking Whisk(e)y
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2019, 04:50:15 PM »
I usually stick to Knob Creek and prefer the single barrel reserve when I can find it. Never tried the Evan Williams single barrel, but their regular stuff was hit or miss...sometimes good and other times not. Tried some scotch once. Must be an acquired taste.

Knob Creek is great. I once drank it with a Knob family member... Evan Williams Single Barrel... You could do better for the money. And if I'm offending a big fan I'm wrong and you're right. It's a taste thing. I'd just always rather have an Elijah Craig 12 but as always we might just have different tastes. As I joke with fellow whiskey drinkers, there are plenty I wouldn't turn down I just don't prefer. And preference is subjective.

On to preference... My God was I wrong about Compass Box Peat Monster. No Ardbeg at all. Turns out it's backbone is Laphroig. Now here's a little secret... I love Ardbeg and detest Laphroig. Again, just a personal taste thing. But I got none of the medicinal iodine flavor I think of in Laphroig. But maybe in blending and aging they mutated that flavor. Or maybe I had an off tasting day.

That's the fun. You never know what can surprise you.

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2019, 07:15:32 PM »
Malfy Gin Rosa. I stumbled into this from a friend. It's pink grapefruit Italian gin. Super weird. Super good. It's one of those I could easily overdo because it's so light and grapefruity you almost miss the booze. We had fun with lemons and fresh herbs making cocktails.

https://www.malfygin.com/

Really a fun and not too expensive gin.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2019, 09:03:21 PM »
Malfy Gin Rosa. I stumbled into this from a friend. It's pink grapefruit Italian gin. Super weird. Super good. It's one of those I could easily overdo because it's so light and grapefruity you almost miss the booze. We had fun with lemons and fresh herbs making cocktails.

https://www.malfygin.com/

Really a fun and not too expensive gin.

Sounds delicious.