Author Topic: I found an interesting LED LANTERN/LIGHT with long life and waterproof  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
  I think this could be a very useful light with long life and USB charge for only $10 ,I ordered one ,but without one in my hand ,it still looks like a winner.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074P5L3CT/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: I found an interesting LED LANTERN/LIGHT with long life and waterproof
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 06:26:27 PM »
Got one on the way...I think this is new to our market form China (unconfirmed) we will all see this on tv commercials soon I think.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 06:33:25 PM »
Got one on the way...I think this is new to our market form China (unconfirmed) we will all see this on tv commercials soon I think.

Sorry I cost you so much,but the things I post are always bargains and I can only buy such on my budget. I will get mine Sunday with a half dozen #10 cans of food purchased for an average $7 a can for chicken with rice,brown sugar,fast cook oatmeal,scrambled egg with bacon and peppers...I can't let this pass as my grocery budget can use such low cost food today...not just for later.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 07:03:47 PM »
Sorry I cost you so much,I don't think one could have enough light source's if it's SHTF AKA Puerto Rico....and me and you are neighbors and have light... are neighbors too the left and right.....know we have light...., it'll be nice to pass on light to our neighbors.but the things I post are always bargains and I can only buy such on my budget. I will get mine Sunday with a half dozen #10 cans of food purchased for an average $7 a can for chicken with rice,brown sugar,fast cook oatmeal,scrambled egg with bacon and peppers...I can't let this pass as my grocery budget can use such low cost food today...not just for later.

Karma bro

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 10:27:36 AM »
Gotta love Amazon pricing it up to $11.99

Waiting for the big brown truck.....

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 10:32:10 AM »
  My light just arrived thanks to AMAZON Pryme and a grumpy USPS postal driver.

You turn it on with a waterproof click button and it starts at LOW,which is great,next click is HIGH and impressively so,even in daylight.
Then another click and you get solid red (at about the low level white output) and another click gets flashing red...note that a BLUE single LED flashes while the RED is in use and may be the SOS feature though it is pretty useless. The same BLUE light flashes during charging and my test showed it charging at 530 Milliamps (1/2 Amp) when it came in partially charged.The USB charge cord plugs in once you unscrew the water tight MAGNETIC end cap that has a 'keeper' 2 inch lanyard to keep it with the lamp.The LEDs that light the lamp are on a panel and so illuminate about 180 degrees rather than 360 as light in you face actually causes problems when trying to work with a lantern I LIKE THIS FEATURE .

The top metal loop for hanging will do good when a clip hook or paracord lanyard are added and the magnetic base is strong enough t0o hold the light horizontal or even hanging from the magnet as it is lightweight and the button is concealed so pack carry should not cause it to light by accident.

NOTE,if it is DEAD and will not light,return it as defective because Lithium cells decay rapidly when fully discharged even if charging it makes the light work,I refuse to accept a 'crippled' cell with limited future life ahead.

I expect a 6 hour on HIGH,20 hours on LOW and the 50 advertised hours from the RED,night vision saving,lamp or the flashing RED lamp.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 10:34:33 AM »
Gotta love Amazon pricing it up to $11.99

Waiting for the big brown truck.....

Often happens when traffic indicates interest in products sold at discount prices. I am playing with mine and it is still a value at $12 in my opinion.

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 12:31:57 PM »
  My light just arrived thanks to AMAZON Pryme and a grumpy USPS postal driver.

You turn it on with a waterproof click button and it starts at LOW,which is great,next click is HIGH and impressively so,even in daylight.
Then another click and you get solid red (at about the low level white output) and another click gets flashing red...note that a BLUE single LED flashes while the RED is in use and may be the SOS feature though it is pretty useless. The same BLUE light flashes during charging and my test showed it charging at 530 Milliamps (1/2 Amp) when it came in partially charged.The USB charge cord plugs in once you unscrew the water tight MAGNETIC end cap that has a 'keeper' 2 inch lanyard to keep it with the lamp.The LEDs that light the lamp are on a panel and so illuminate about 180 degrees rather than 360 as light in you face actually causes problems when trying to work with a lantern I LIKE THIS FEATURE .

The top metal loop for hanging will do good when a clip hook or paracord lanyard are added and the magnetic base is strong enough t0o hold the light horizontal or even hanging from the magnet as it is lightweight and the button is concealed so pack carry should not cause it to light by accident.

NOTE,if it is DEAD and will not light,return it as defective because Lithium cells decay rapidly when fully discharged even if charging it makes the light work,I refuse to accept a 'crippled' cell with limited future life ahead.

I expect a 6 hour on HIGH,20 hours on LOW and the 50 advertised hours from the RED,night vision saving,lamp or the flashing RED lamp.

What he said...

Carl, it had a 50/75% charge upon arrival, so, good to go.
Charging now, will do the low mode test first.
Is it worth $10 I think so...

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 12:37:06 PM »
What he said...

Carl, it had a 50/75% charge upon arrival, so, good to go.
Charging now, will do the low mode test first.
Is it worth $10 I think so...

I would love it if the 18-650 battery would be replaceable , but it is looking good.

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 12:47:35 PM »
I would love it if the 18-650 battery would be replaceable , but it is looking good.

Yep, the only downside so far..you  need 2 as 1 is out of service while it charges or a different light source. All and all a good find.

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 11:44:37 AM »
5 hours into low mode test and getting 4 flashes which is 75-100% charge remaining.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 11:47:55 AM »
A magnetic basement seems interesting.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 12:04:11 PM »
  It is worth the $10 as it has a rare earth magnet to hold it places and a recessed power/mode button for preventing accidental discharge...and now that I read directions,it has a blue flashing LED to constantly tell you % of power remaining. The 180 degree lamp is good to use for work as it won't blind you and I added a key strap with a spring clip as it has no handle for hand carry and I clip it to Brandi's collar for night time illumination as she is afraid of the dark. The longer life and 180 degree beam and power 'meter'makes up for the few features it lacks.

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 12:34:53 PM »
I didn't realize till today, that magnet is very strong.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 12:53:57 PM »
I didn't realize till today, that magnet is very strong.

Light fly across the room and stick to something?

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 12:58:16 PM »
Light fly across the room and stick to something?

Not that strong  :P

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 11:37:24 AM »
30 hours in, 3 flashes, 50-75% charge remaining.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 11:45:53 AM »
30 hours in, 3 flashes, 50-75% charge remaining.

Yep,the low white setting lasts a long time on this lamp and is good as a night light and arms length work...it looks better and better.

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 01:13:17 PM »
Yep,the low white setting lasts a long time on this lamp and is good as a night light and arms length work...it looks better and better.

Yep, I've been using it to light a room for navigation and as a reading light.

Offline NWPilgrim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 05:52:52 PM »
So apparently the 54 hours at low setting is probably going to prove out is you are beyond 30 hrs and going strong.  What is the expected duration at 100 lumen setting?  Is there just high and low or a medium, too?  I can't find a manufacturers website.  Does the packaging give a website URL?

Looks like a great buy at $12.  I was planning to eventually get a Fenix CL25 but they are $60 and we rarely need a super bright camp light.  It is nice to have a lantern for the group table and such but otherwise we prefer to stay low profile with flashlights or headlamps as needed and sit by the fire without a blazing lantern going. Same for power outages.  It is nice to have some room lighting but it does not need to be real bright as we again use flashlights or headlamps for task lighting.  Having three or four of these around for the extended family gatherings would be pretty handy. Thanks for the heads up Carl, and for the ongoing testing liberty!
There have always been times like this, and there will be again. Will we rise to the challenges or get run over?

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 06:04:58 PM »
The box it comes in says 5 hours at 100 Lumen,the high output mode ,54 hours at Low output mode.
Also,the light is only on one side of the lantern and not 360 degrees,it is a cob strip (Chips On Board) that is self regulating for driver current
and better protected from thermal problems by design of the COB strips.

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2017, 06:31:26 PM »
[/color]
So apparently the 54 hours at low setting is probably going to prove out is you are beyond 30 hrs and going strong. I think so What is the expected duration at 100 lumen setting?  ill test that nextIs there just high and low or a medium, too?  high and low..and some red optionsI can't find a manufacturers website.  Does the packaging give a website URL?don't see one

Looks like a great buy at $12.  I was planning to eventually get a Fenix CL25 but they are $60 and we rarely need a super bright camp light.  It is nice to have a lantern for the group table 2 of these on low at the ends of the table would workand such but otherwise we prefer to stay low profile with flashlights or headlamps as needed and sit by the fire without a blazing lantern going. Same for power outages.  It is nice to have some room lighting but it does not need to be real bright as we again use flashlights or headlamps for task lighting.  Having three or four of these around for the extended family gatherings would be pretty handy. Thanks for the heads up Carl, and for the ongoing testing liberty!

Offline NWPilgrim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2017, 06:38:21 PM »
Thanks Chad!  I got mixed up from another thread and had it in my mind iamforliberty was doing the testing.  Thanks for posting your results with your test, it is very helpful!!
There have always been times like this, and there will be again. Will we rise to the challenges or get run over?

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2017, 08:31:58 PM »
38 hours in, 3 flashes, 50/75% charge remaining...I'm turning it off for the night, will resume tomorrow, don't want this Chinese freak of nature going fukushima on me ;D

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2017, 11:09:41 AM »
39 hours in and 2 flashes 25-50% charge remaining. This things turning out to be the little light that could.

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2017, 12:27:31 PM »
It's now up to $13.99

Offline Hurricane

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 03:39:06 PM »
What is the expected shelf life on a fully charged battery? I would like to put a couple away against the next storm.

How long does it take to charge?

Thanks!
Even as men wrecked upon a sand, that look to be
washed off the next tide.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2017, 03:46:29 PM »
  I find the 18-650 normally has a long shelf life,I charge mine every 6 months and it takes little time to charge them. This lamp,when near full discharge can take 5 to 6 hours on may wall powered USB charger and the built in battery appears to be 'fresh' and not a re pack/used battery.They are a pretty good area light and really good night light. I am working now with one as the only lamp in the room ,except for the monitor.Testing High power run time and over 4  1/2 hours already.

NOTE that they were $10 when I first posted this and are $14 now.

Offline Hurricane

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2017, 04:41:18 PM »

NOTE that they were $10 when I first posted this and are $14 now.

Amazon or the distributor must be reading this thread  ;D

Thanks!
Even as men wrecked upon a sand, that look to be
washed off the next tide.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 04:48:30 PM »
  My lamp is a bit less blinding and slightly warm to the touch on High power for 6 hours now....I say it.s a winner. One blue flash says 0 to 25% power left.Time to plug in the charger.